PDA

View Full Version : home remidy tire cleaner???

brondondolon
02-25-2014, 12:25 AM
Ok so like all of you i some times run out of products and dont find out till im mid detail. Im one for going under the kitchen sink and trying a product from there on my wheel wells or other non sensitive areas when i dont have my go to product.

My question is this. Is there a product found at say a grocery store that would effectively clean the embedded dirt and road grime off tires? Just wondering for next time this may happen lol.

brondondolon
02-25-2014, 12:28 AM
For instance i found that the "magic eraser" spray cleaner works unbelievably good on painted break calipers. And i mean better then any product ive ever used on them making it a dedicated caliper cleaner for me lol.

FUNX650
02-25-2014, 01:30 AM
For instance i found that the "magic eraser" spray cleaner works unbelievably good on painted break calipers. And i mean better then any product ive ever used on them making it a dedicated caliper cleaner for me lol.
I really don't feel comfortable recommending any grocery store products for cleaning tires...
Never know if they'll damage the wheels, or the TPMS.

Also:
I didn't know there were Magic Erasers in spray form.
Amazing what Chemists can do with melamine foam!

Bob

Dogfather
02-25-2014, 05:37 AM
I haven't had any issues with LA Totally Awsome.
N.B. I only have a daily driver.

BillyJack
02-25-2014, 06:00 AM

LATA is decent stuff. Another good one is Zep Citrus, found at Lowe's and Home Depot. diluted at 1:4.

Bill

HateSwirls
02-25-2014, 06:54 AM
N.B. I only have a daily driver.

I haven't either, it's all I use to clean my tires, great product for one buck.
The stuff is amazing, I find it gentle on the skin yet strong enough to clean even the worst of tires.

brondondolon
02-25-2014, 04:30 PM
sweet thanks guys. I just like the piece of mind that when im in mid detail i dont have to skip a part just because i ran out of product.