02-24-2014, 06:51 PM
Plenty LOL!! Probably 30% of my practice

Flash Gordon
02-24-2014, 06:52 PM

Great! How do I fix this

Dr_Pain
02-24-2014, 06:55 PM
You may need to give a little background info. Traumatic vs. non traumatic? Acute vs. recurrent vs. chronic? Inflamed nerve or as a combo symptom to piriformis dysfunction or pre-existent back condition

Flash Gordon
02-24-2014, 07:00 PM
You may need to give a little background info. Traumatic vs. non traumatic? Acute vs. recurrent vs. chronic? Inflamed nerve or as a combo symptom to piriformis dysfunction or pre-existent back condition

I've had a weird feeling in my left hip on and off for a year or more. It's always gone away before Saturday. My left leg is now numb and excruciating pain down my leg and lower LH back

No other injuries

Flash Gordon
02-24-2014, 07:09 PM
I bought one of these @ 3:40 this morning. This guy made bank off me

Teeter Hang Ups - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS_pmM_ud5qA6PzaUHEe7uA)

Dr_Pain
02-24-2014, 07:11 PM
Acute rapid onset = inflamed tissue. Neuropathy dysfunction = restriction/ constriction, most likely due to muscle guarding (absent of trauma). High dose anti-inflammatory, rest and pumping exercises are the standard of care. You need to address the inflammation aggressively and need to normalize the muscle guarding/restrictions ASAP.

Flash Gordon
02-24-2014, 07:17 PM
Acute rapid onset = inflamed tissue. Neuropathy dysfunction = restriction/ constriction, most likely due to muscle guarding (absent of trauma). High dose anti-inflammatory, rest and pumping exercises are the standard of care. You need to address the inflammation aggressively and need to normalize the muscle guarding/restrictions ASAP.

That sounds pretty serious

I am on a 6 day Medrol Pak, Muscle Relaxers and Aspirin. I'm trying my best not to sit, but to be honest I can hardly walk today

FUNX650
02-24-2014, 07:20 PM
I've had a weird feeling in my left hip on and off for a year or more. It's always gone away before Saturday. My left leg is now numb and excruciating pain down my leg and lower LH back

Flash, my Friend:

I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing this pain and suffering.
Happens to a lot of hard working folks.

I've had this off and on for years now...due to an industrial injury. Not any FUN!!

Physical therapy seems to help, at times...
I've persisted in my telling the Doctors that as long as I can walk half-way decent, there will be no surgery.

So far, So good...for this old Man.

Bob

Dr_Pain
02-24-2014, 07:23 PM
Your brain see the "event" and creates a reaction chain of event which is going to be overboard. Your job is to counteract it. The dose pack and aspirin is the strong anti-inflammatory I was talking about, now come you having to address the muscle guarding/spams and any other restrictions.

HateSwirls
02-24-2014, 07:24 PM

I know too well also, it took a major surgery to get rid of the pain I had for years.
It sure can make you lose focus on everyday living.
I still have some pain , better now since the injections last week but a ways to go:(

My doctor said I may need one more minor surgery to relieve all of the pain, he now knows where the nerve is compressed per injections.

Flash Gordon
02-24-2014, 07:25 PM
Flash, my Friend:

I'm so sorry to hear you are experiencing this pain and suffering.
Happens to a lot of hard working folks.

I've had this off and on for years now...due to an industrial injury. Not any FUN!!

Physical therapy seems to help, at times...
I've persisted in my telling the Doctors that as long as I can walk half-way decent, there will be no surgery.

So far, So good...for this old Man.

Bob

I sure don't want surgery if I can help it. If it continues like this though they came chop my leg off

I've never felt so helpless physically

swanicyouth
02-24-2014, 07:28 PM
Oh yeah. Lumbar injections, lots of narcs, the whole deal. I hurt my back pretty bad lifting Ford transmissions as I use to R & R them a lot back in the day at the Ford dealer I worked at: AXOD & E4OD. I used to lift those things by myself and move them around - try getting another flat rate guy to help you. Finally I had surgery and it fixed the problem.

Medrol is a steroid, and it has anti-inflammatory properties. The goal with a Medrol Dose Pack is to take a high dose of steroids and taper down quickly as not to cause steroid withdrawal. It doesn't matter to much that you take the tabs as it says on the package as long as you get the whole day's supply in that day. Take with food and expect to have problems sleeping.

Usually sciatic nerve pain heals on its own if you leave it alone and it's the first injury. The problem comes in if you have disc degeneration or have re-injured it multiple times.

Good luck.

Flash Gordon
02-24-2014, 07:29 PM
Your brain see the "event" and creates a reaction chain of event which is going to be overboard. Your job is to counteract it. The dose pack and aspirin is the strong anti-inflammatory I was talking about, now come you having to address the muscle guarding/spams and any other restrictions.

My brain is telling me to get up and go. My back/leg is telling me otherwise. Do you know of any ways to trick the brain?

I refuse to live like this

HateSwirls
02-24-2014, 07:32 PM
My brain is telling me to get up and go. My back/leg is telling me otherwise. Do you know of any ways to trick the brain?

I refuse to live like this

I lived in pain for years, please don't do as I did, take care of it.
Sorry your having to deal with this:(