PDA

View Full Version : New Car Detail Process

cmulgrew
02-24-2014, 12:21 PM
I am taking delivery of a Jet Black (non metallic) BMW in South Carolina. I will ask them to do as little as possible for prep.

I would like to know the optimum process and products to start the detailing off right and then keep in mirror like.

I use a DA Meguiars buffer but wide open on best products for new black paint.

Thanks for you help!Feed back pleaseFeed back please

swanicyouth
02-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Wash, clay, IronX, polish, LSP. What polish will be dictated by the condition of the paint. If it was me, I'd go with the Rupes system and you will likely cover all your bases there.

If not, I'd go with WG TSR & FG. Get some high quality towels while your at it - your going to need them.

Mike Phillips
02-24-2014, 12:58 PM
Great question and welcome to AutogeekOnline! :welcome:

I wrote an article that walks you through EVERYTHING you want to do and the order in which you want to do it.

It includes embedded videos you can watch and links to even more information that's related to the topics discussed.

How To Detail Your Brand New Car by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/how-articles/54451-how-detail-your-brand-new-car-mike-phillips.html)

:dblthumb2:

BFEHB
02-24-2014, 01:45 PM
Wash, clay, IronX, polish, LSP. What polish will be dictated by the condition of the paint. If it was me, I'd go with the Rupes system and you will likely cover all your bases there.

If not, I'd go with WG TSR & FG. Get some high quality towels while your at it - your going to need them.This list is good although you will want to Iron X before claying the car.

wdmaccord
02-24-2014, 01:50 PM
Since the dealer did do prep on mine, I used Megs UC for the first detail. Now I just use a light polish twice per year and spot compound heavier defects I may have picked up along the way.

Of course I go through all the other steps twice per year as well (decon wash, ironx/tarx, clay...).

cmulgrew
02-25-2014, 09:07 AM
Appreciate all the input!

What is WG TSR FG And LSP.....I assume all brands and different products to complete the process but I am not yet familiar with all the initials. I AM TRYING and thanks for all the help as I am purchasing the product before delivery.

Just purchased Boars head brush and MF towels.....

THANKS AGAIN!

iblue
02-25-2014, 09:29 AM
Mike, you are awesome, I am learning more more each day, I will be spending more time to detail my car