PDA

View Full Version : New from the forum

iblue
02-23-2014, 01:01 AM
Hi Everyone

it is good to find so many information about detail your own car, I am new with detailing and I want to learn to do my own detailing, It is awesome how it is look when you do your own polisher and waxing. I am planing to buy DA polisher, but I still thinking which one I should buy. Also I want to buy back plate 5 1/2 and 3 1/2 and what kind of brand I should buy for polisher, waxing and compound pad. :buffing:

Thank you

BrianMcLeod
02-23-2014, 01:06 AM
Welcome to AGO! lake country is a good company for backing plates and pads!

jamesboyy
02-23-2014, 01:09 AM
Welcome to autogeek as for DA polisher's harbor freight DA polisher is nice and also groits garage polisher is too

Matt-erhorn
02-23-2014, 01:14 AM
Welcome to AGO!

VISITOR
02-23-2014, 01:24 AM
Pick up a GG6 and both the LC 5" & 3.5" DA backing plates so you can use 5.5" and 4" pads (keep in mind that some 4" pads (megs) the velcro is recessed in so you may need a 3" DA backing plate as well). there are plenty of choices for pads to choose from these days and my choice for foam pads are B&S though lake country pads will do the job too...

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-23-2014, 03:34 AM
Hi, welcome to AGO.

GS2011
02-23-2014, 08:23 AM
:welcome:

Paul A.
02-23-2014, 09:27 AM
Welcome iblue.

iblue
02-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Thank for value comments, I will do read some more the pad.

Sent from my phone

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-24-2014, 01:20 PM
Welcome!!!! How often do you plan on using your DA? That would probably decide how much to spend.

MrCleanit
02-24-2014, 01:25 PM
Welcome!

Mike Phillips
02-24-2014, 01:40 PM
Welcome to AGO! :welcome:

This has to be one of the most common links I share on the forum, so here's how you find it on my "articles by Mike Phillips" page.

Look for a picture of buffing pads and backing plates and it's the first article under the pictures. I wrote it because no matter what brand dual action polisher you purchase, that is of the Porter Cable type, not the Flex 3401, Cyclo or Rupes but the PC and all the knock-offs, you must also purchase a backing plate and pads.

All information is in the article and links for the various product will >click< to the store page where they can be found.

Buffing Pads - Wool Pads & Foam Pads PLUS Backing Plates

http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/722/backingplatespads.jpg

5 inch Backing Plates on Meguiar's, Griot's and Porter Cable DA Polishers (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-tools-accessories/48668-5-inch-backing-plates-meguiar-s-griot-s-porter-cable-da-polishers.html)

There's like 5 Tons of links to articles on how to use dual action polishers on my article list.

Articles by Mike Phillips (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/ask-expert-featuring-mike-phillips/23722-articles-mike-phillips.html)

Also, all versions of my how-to book also cover everything you ever wanted to know about how to buff out a car with one of these tools.

:)

iblue
02-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Hi,

I may try to use DA when it needs to polish, I assume 3 to 4 time within year. You got another DA polisher which it is enough for me to use.

Sent from my phone

PaulMys
02-25-2014, 10:22 PM
Welcome aboard, iblue. I am not a "newcomer" to detailing, but by far still a novice. That is why I was overjoyed to find the AG forum. As per the forum rules, there is no "looking down" on us novices, and the forum members here are happy to answer our questions to further our knowledge. Good luck in your quest for detailing knowledge!