PDA

View Full Version : Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Sunder92
02-22-2014, 08:21 PM
I got this a while ago and plan to use it for my spring detail, so I've been been reading up on it around the forums.

What I got is that you should put some in a spray bottle and you should wipe it and buff right after you spray.

Is this correct?

Would a foam applicator pad work? Or is spraying and buffing the best choice?

I've never used a sealant with such low viscosity and don't really know how to do about this.

custmsprty
02-22-2014, 08:26 PM
Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze, klasse SG sealant, klasse sealant glase,klasse sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/klashiggloss.html)

Rsurfer
02-22-2014, 08:28 PM
I got this a while ago and plan to use it for my spring detail, so I've been been reading up on it around the forums.

What I got is that you should put some in a spray bottle and you should wipe it and buff right after you spray.

Is this correct?[

I've never used a sealant with such low viscosity and don't really know how to do about this.

Use a damp foam applicator to apply thinly and remove one panel at a time.

Sunder92
02-22-2014, 09:17 PM
So no spraying?

Klasse Act
02-22-2014, 09:51 PM
Congrats on the purchase of Klasse SG, or KSG as I like to refer to it as. Here's a simple way to properly use KSG for best results for application and removal:

-get yourself a bowl and add some water in it.

-I prefer a square cotton applicator, foam seems to not slide across the paint as well.

-find a small spray bottle, like 4 oz or so.

-dunk the applicator into the bowl of water, then pour some KSG into your small spray bottle.

-wring out the cotton applicator, making sure its damp but NOT dripping wet.

-depending upon the size of the panel and/or section your working on 1-2 sprays is more than enough. Wipe the KSG in from left to right, up and down, work it in real good.

-WIPE OFF RIGHT AWAY! This product is acylic, NO need for it to set up, anyone who says you leave it on the car does NOT know how to use it.

-Keep the applicator damp, it makes spreading KSG alot easier, easier is key when using KSG.

-DO NOT USE ON GLASS, its VERY hard to remove for some reason.

-Once your done the car will look great but the key is a 2nd coat, that needs to be applied 12 hrs later as KSG is acrylic it needs time to cure, 12 hrs is the shortest amount of time, the 2nd coat really makes the paint pop:props:

To help maintain inbetween coats of KSG I like to make up a gallon of quick detailer using rinseless wash, adding 2 oz's of KSG into a made up gallon. This not only makes clean ups easier but you also end up adding another layer of KSG, albeit a thin layer for sure.

Sunder92
02-22-2014, 10:13 PM
Congrats on the purchase of Klasse SG, or KSG as I like to refer to it as. Here's a simple way to properly use KSG for best results for application and removal:

-I prefer a square cotton applicator, foam seems to not slide across the paint as well.

-dunk the applicator into the bowl of water, then pour some KSG into your small spray bottle.

-depending upon the size of the panel and/or section your working on 1-2 sprays is more than enough. Wipe the KSG in from left to right, up and down, work it in real good.

-WIPE OFF RIGHT AWAY! This product is acylic, NO need for it to set up, anyone who says you leave it on the car does NOT know how to use it.

-Keep the applicator damp, it makes spreading KSG alot easier, easier is key when using KSG.

-Once your done the car will look great but the key is a 2nd coat, that needs to be applied 12 hrs later as KSG is acrylic it needs time to cure, 12 hrs is the shortest amount of time, the 2nd coat really makes the paint pop:props:

To help maintain inbetween coats of KSG I like to make up a gallon of quick detailer using rinseless wash, adding 2 oz's of KSG into a made up gallon. This not only makes clean ups easier but you also end up adding another layer of KSG, albeit a thin layer for sure.

Thank you. This was very detailed and helpful (:

BFEHB
02-22-2014, 10:14 PM

Is this correct?

I've never used a sealant with such low viscosity and don't really know how to do about this.I used it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. I sprayed it onto the applicator pad (I used a microfiber applicator) and then applied it to the car. The first coat I applied and then wiped off almost immediately, the second coat (applied the following day) I let set for 30 minutes and then wiped off. Either way works. I used Sonus Spritz to help remove any trouble spots.

Apply it thin, thin, thin. You will like the results, I did. Washing the car now any grime just slips right off. Good luck!

BFEHB
02-22-2014, 10:31 PM

2nd coat makes a huge difference, I have not made up the QD yet, but maybe I will after my Sonus Spritz runs out.

ScottB
02-22-2014, 10:48 PM
Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-acrylic-glanz-sealant.html)
(booster for SG)

Sonus Acrylic Spritz Quick Detail Spray, quick detailer, instant detailer, acrylic detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-acrylic-detail-spray.html)
(quick detailer for SG)

Sunder92
02-22-2014, 11:14 PM
Sonus Acrylic Glanz Spray Sealant, Sonus paint sealant spray, spray paint sealant (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-acrylic-glanz-sealant.html)
(booster for SG)

Sonus Acrylic Spritz Quick Detail Spray, quick detailer, instant detailer, acrylic detail spray (http://www.autogeek.net/sonus-acrylic-detail-spray.html)
(quick detailer for SG)

Would Meg's QD and QW not work? I have 4-5 bottles of QD and 2 bottles of QW and I kinda wanna use some of it up before buying new stuff.

BFEHB
02-23-2014, 12:08 AM
The Sonus is an acrylic like the Klasse SG and the Klasse AIO. It was made to work with Klasse products.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

The Guz
02-23-2014, 01:29 AM

Listen the man. He knows his stuff when it comes to Klasse. It was this method that mede me like klasse even more.

(booster for SG)

(quick detailer for SG)

2 great products. I have both and use it with klasse. They both work very well.

Would Meg's QD and QW not work? I have 4-5 bottles of QD and 2 bottles of QW and I kinda wanna use some of it up before buying new stuff.

I have used both with KSG and they work just fine.

firecorgi
02-23-2014, 04:51 AM

Klaase,

The qd mixture is just a gallon of water and the two ounces of KSG correct?

Klasse Act
02-23-2014, 07:49 AM
Klaase,

The qd mixture is just a gallon of water and the two ounces of KSG correct?

Oh no, you use your favorite rinseless wash made up as a QD, like 24 oz of DG, 2 oz of KSG and then top off the gallon jug with water. Now, the KSG will settle somewhat in the jug and/or spray bottle you put it in so you'll have to shake the bottle good before using it.

YOU MUST USE YOUR FAVORITE RINSELESS WASH WHEN DOING THIS! I call this "FrankenDetailer".

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

firecorgi
02-23-2014, 09:45 AM
Oh no, you use your favorite rinseless wash made up as a QD, like 24 oz of DG, 2 oz of KSG and then top off the gallon jug with water. Now, the KSG will settle somewhat in the jug and/or spray bottle you put it in so you'll have to shake the bottle good before using it.

YOU MUST USE YOUR FAVORITE RINSELESS WASH WHEN DOING THIS! I call this "FrankenDetailer".

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

LOL! Thanks Klaase.

I used Klaase on our old Saab convert. which was silver. Great tips.