PDA

View Full Version : Trying to get some help in Wisconsin

mmartin0617
02-22-2014, 05:32 PM
So I posted several days ago about how to get salt build up and stains out of floormats in cars. And tried a few suggestions. The posting then started to concentrate on buying rubber floormats. Not all cars even in Wisconsin will use WT in winter in fact more people don't. My results turned out pretty good. Now for you people that live in climates like this and want to do a customers car in winter and they want a full detail with carpets deep cleaned upholstery and the whole nine yards... I am missing something here because I can not see how you can do this all with a steamer. I took the mats out sprayed the heck out of them with cold water wet dry vac'd, folex then sprayed again. Took overnight and then some to dry completely. THen had to folex and vapor steam to get left over residue only then did it look good but still smelled musty when held up to my nose. Can't do this on a customers car and expect them to put their mats in their house overnight. Then what about floors in the cars with salt build up? Can't get them wet because it will take to long to dry and most people don't have heated garages. Is it just an impossible in winter?? I can't even see a Hwe being able to comoletely dry he floors in a car or the mats. Like I said I am new to all of this and trying to get advice. I appreciate the patience. Thanks in advance

MarkD51
02-22-2014, 07:20 PM
In Wisconsin, especially Sheboygan, PBR will do the trick on the Mats.
It also doubles as a top flight air freshener, which everybody there loves!

MarkD51
02-22-2014, 08:36 PM
Sorry that I made a pun earlier, but honestly, this is a dilemma that I honestly don't have an answer for?

One certainly cannot place floor mats in a clothes dryer, nor I'm quite sure you wouldn't wish to sit there for a few hours with hair dryer in hand trying to dry carpets and mats in such a crazy way.

The heater, running full blast helps some, but in such scenarios, it appears there's not really much one can do.

Perhaps all you can do for a customer in these instances, is vacuum well, throw out any trash, candy bar wrappers, Micky D's French Fries, lightly spot clean any stains, and that's it.

Perhaps only concentrate on what you can do well given these adverse conditions, explain such to your customers, and hopefully, they'll understand that the conditions aren't favorable for soaking down carpets and mats when the weather isn't cooperating.
Mark