PDA

View Full Version : Product question

Hidalgo
02-21-2014, 08:17 PM
What is the best product to dress the exterior plastic trim on a 2014 Ford Explorer. Looking for something that is not greasy and lasts more than two weeks.

jamesboyy
02-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Welcome to autogeek, as for your question I would use chemical guys new car shine or adams vrt but when looking for a dressing
your best choice would be a water based dressing and remember to clean the trim before you apply a dressing that way you remove any dirt and such...good luck

HD.Detailing
02-21-2014, 08:41 PM
I like 303

inDetail
02-21-2014, 08:42 PM
I'm a big fan of Chemical Guys VRP dressing. It's a cream that can be cut 50/50 with water and still provide good long lasting coverage with a satin sheen.
The other I would say is really good is Opti-Bond same concept as the VRP gel/cream that can be cut with water. Also long lasting as well.

HateSwirls
02-21-2014, 08:43 PM
Try Wolfgang Trim Sealant, it's oily at first but once it dries it's dry.
Last months , not weeks.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is the only exterior trim protectant you need. This one product provides durable, clear protection on plastics, rubber, vinyl, and metal exterior trim. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is designed to maintain the beauty of your vehicle, not cover it up. The protection is strong enough for a daily driver but the finish is worthy of a show car.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

The 4oz bottle will last a longtime being a few drops goes far.

Just02896
02-21-2014, 11:14 PM
Try Wolfgang Trim Sealant, it's oily at first but once it dries it's dry.
Last months , not weeks.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is the only exterior trim protectant you need. This one product provides durable, clear protection on plastics, rubber, vinyl, and metal exterior trim. Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant is designed to maintain the beauty of your vehicle, not cover it up. The protection is strong enough for a daily driver but the finish is worthy of a show car.

Wolfgang Exterior Trim Sealant, rubber trim sealant, rubber protectant, exterior trim products, metal sealer (http://www.autogeek.net/wolfgang-trim-sealant.html)

The 4oz bottle will last a longtime being a few drops goes far.

Yep, another vote for WETS! Had it on my tonneau cover since the beginning of winter. Been through salt, snow, freezing rain. Still looks great and beads like crazy!

Pureshine
02-21-2014, 11:17 PM
Sonax Trim restore is great not greasy at all dry evenly and last for a long time and protects the trim. When applying you only need a little at a time.

spiralout462
02-21-2014, 11:19 PM
Duragloss #271 has served me very well. I also keep 303 and DG #301 close by. I am looking foward to using The Wolfgang and Ultima trim sealants, in addition to D-Lux.

conquistador
02-21-2014, 11:20 PM
Longest lasting is car pro dlux. I also use Ultima trim and tire guard plus. I feel both of these provide more durability than Wolfgang

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

Bunky
02-22-2014, 07:12 AM
I like Utlima for balance of ease of application, affordability, smell (or lack of a strong order), cleanup (if applied to paint by mistake), and durability. For best results, you need to clean the trim well before applying the dressing for best results otherwise you are just applying it to dirt and grime.