PDA

View Full Version : PB Spray and Wipe Streaking

FMINUS
07-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Am I using too much? I had to go over it w CG QD to get rid of the steaking....

Anyone else have this problem? On the bottle it says it easier when you use less, but I dont feel comfortable using less when theres dust all over the car.

Reddwarf
07-08-2007, 05:51 PM
You must be using too much. I love the stuff and use it often. I've used it for spot cleaning many times with never a streaking problem.

ltoman
07-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Yah, you are using too much. I have a heavy hand. I have learned less is more with detailing products. I have had the same issue with some other products - now I use them without a problem. Try it again. Make sure the dust is super light -else just wash it. It is not worth the worry or the work if you do end up swirling it!

ScottB
07-08-2007, 06:22 PM
I diluted mine a bit and works perfectly ....

blkyukon
07-08-2007, 06:40 PM
Here is how much I use and never get any streaking:

Poorboys Spray & Wipe (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/dc_s_n_w.html)

I diluted mine a bit and works perfectly ....
I also use a 60/40 blend of S&W and CK QuikShine or PB S&G and it works great too.

FMINUS
07-08-2007, 07:29 PM
Here is how much I use and never get any streaking:

Poorboys Spray & Wipe (http://paintcare-n-detailing.com/dc_s_n_w.html)

I also use a 60/40 blend of S&W and CK QuikShine or PB S&G and it works great too.

THats about how much I used.... hmm.... maybe its my LSP thats making it streak???

BTW, nice avatar, haha did you get those arms from holding the PC?

Reddwarf
07-08-2007, 07:34 PM
What MF did you use? I just went out and used a liberal amount of PB S&W on my car. I used a plush Cobra MF and I had no streaking problems. I had to wipe several times to buff off the product but it came off and dried clear.

FMINUS
07-08-2007, 08:10 PM
Cobra Purple Jrs!

davet
07-09-2007, 03:19 AM
I found it streked when I used to much and also with the cheaper microfibre's I had the same problem.

budman3
07-09-2007, 04:20 PM
Were you working in the sun or shade? How fresh is the LSP that is on the vehicle? Was the towel saturated with product?

blkyukon
07-10-2007, 11:52 AM
Are you using the same MF to remove the S&W and buff dry? If so that might be the problem... I always use at least 2 MF when I use S&W or a QD, one to remove the product and one to buff dry.

FMINUS
07-11-2007, 01:33 AM
Were you working in the sun or shade? How fresh is the LSP that is on the vehicle? Was the towel saturated with product?

Shade
Nattys Red about a week old
Brand new towel!

Purple Jrs are pretty much the best towels out there right now, so the "cheap towel" theory is out the window.

P1et
07-11-2007, 08:11 AM
I once used S&W in the sun and it was the biggest mistake I ever made. The hood never looked so bad. However, in the sun, and not using too much of it, it works great.