PDA

View Full Version : Good quality car shampoo...

Lexi65
02-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Need to start doing my own washes and don't want to spend any more $ at this point. Wondering if (since I have a garage queen)
I could use a good car shampoo to clean the tires and wheels... They're in great condition! Feed back please. :buffing:

swanicyouth
02-21-2014, 05:58 PM
While it's not ideal, you can use car wash to clean well maintained wheels. I would dilute it heavy in a spray bottle with a foaming sprayer & spray right on the wheel. Whatever it calls for to make a gallon, I would use to make 32oz. That's just how I would do it, with a bucket of rinse water.

You can't really use car wash to effectively clean tires correctly - unless they are coated with Tuff Shine.

VP Mark
02-21-2014, 06:46 PM
Sure. The idea that you have to use an expensive wheel cleaner every time you wash is ridiculous. I ONR wash wheels and tires all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Dogfather
02-21-2014, 07:14 PM
Sure. The idea that you have to use an expensive wheel cleaner every time you wash is ridiculous. I ONR wash wheels and tires all the time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

:iagree:

I've never had to use a dedicated wheel cleaner and all I have is an ungaraged daily driver.
Tires are another story.

tpr1634
02-21-2014, 08:16 PM
I started using optimum car wash, my wheels are maintained works like a charm.:buffing:

Munich77
02-21-2014, 10:35 PM
Optimum car wash works well. Opti-clean is great, too.

Kaban
02-21-2014, 10:40 PM
I like the Chemical Guys shampoo.