PDA

View Full Version : Duragloss Help Please

ROADRKT
02-21-2014, 05:51 PM
Well, the weather finally cleared up, so I pulled the black Vette out & tried this:

Used all Duragloss Products

I washed the car, (it was slick enough that I did not feel that I needed to clay bar it)
used swirl mark remover #671, da polisher, polishing (light cut) pad, removed with mf towel.
used pre-cleaner #652, applied with da polisher with polishing (light cut) pad on speed 2, removed with mf cloth,
then total performance polish #105 mixed 4:1 with polish bonding agent #601, da polisher with finishing (no cut) pad on speed 2, removed with mf cloth.

(I have applied one layer of 601/105--no wax) Now I have swirl marks all in the black paint.... I have used the same process/da polisher/pads using Adams swirl & haze remover, then buttery wax with great results--the carnauba just will not last--my reasoning for wanting to change to a synthetic.

Any suggestions???

Now, what do I do to remove the 601/105 so I can correct this with something else???

Thx for your help.

swanicyouth
02-21-2014, 05:53 PM
Duragloss ain't known for their abrasive technology. From what you mentioned, I'd even go for Adam's first. But, if you have access to Wolfgang Polishes or the Rupes' system...

You will need to re-polish.

And do a test spot !!!!

dad07
02-21-2014, 05:58 PM
what year is the vette?

clear coat or ss paint?

need more info......

ROADRKT
02-21-2014, 06:49 PM
2001 with clear coat.

Thx