PDA

View Full Version : Coatings - Top 3 and easy to apply (first timer) ??

Pages : [1] 2 3

mdgrwl
02-21-2014, 04:04 PM
Im looking at putting a coating on my DD. Im new to the game... which ones are considered Top 3 or 4?

And which is easier for a first timer to apply? Heard a lot of bad first time experiences with Opti-Coat for example.

Andr3wilson
02-21-2014, 04:09 PM
Polish Angel COSMIC is the easiest to apply. My results and yours will be identical

02-21-2014, 04:11 PM
Pinnacle Black Label is super easy!

Radarryan
02-21-2014, 04:29 PM
I actually found Opti-Coat 2.0 the easiest to apply. CQuartz UK is also supposed to be extremely easy. I only have experience with Opti-Coat and GTechniq c1, EXO, and EXOv2. They were also very easy to apply.

I think that once you get past the nervousness of applying something permeant, it actually becomes a fairly easy task.

:dblthumb2:

mdgrwl
02-21-2014, 04:32 PM
So far Carpro has caught my eye. The instructions seem simple enough... almost like a normal LSP. Apply, wait for XXX amount of time depending on temp, then buff of with provided microfiber towels.

That seems to be less scary than "wipe it in until its invisible", lol.

zmcgovern45
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
I have used 22ple VX1 Pro, CQFinest, CQUK, and Opti-Coat Pro and 2.0.

None of them have been difficult to apply. Period.

CQUK and 22ple are 'easier', but let me stress again that none are difficult. (I should also add that I use the CQuartz applicator block wrapped in suede microfiber for application of each of these coatings... I have found this applicator to be much easier than the traditional yellow foam)

With that being said, I would vote for CQUK as a fantastic option for someone looking to provide great protection for several years, while also leaving a slick and very glossy finish. If you are seeking maximum durability, then simply go with Opti-Coat.

02-21-2014, 04:44 PM
I have used 22ple VX1 Pro, CQFinest, CQUK, and Opti-Coat Pro and 2.0.

None of them have been difficult to apply. Period.

CQUK and 22ple are 'easier', but let me stress again that none are difficult. (I should also add that I use the CQuartz applicator block wrapped in suede microfiber for application of each of these coatings... I have found this applicator to be much easier than the traditional yellow foam)

With that being said, I would vote for CQUK as a fantastic option for someone looking to provide great protection for several years, while also leaving a slick and very glossy finish. If you are seeking maximum durability, then simply go with Opti-Coat.

My CQUK arrives Monday :props:

RaskyR1
02-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Im looking at putting a coating on my DD. Im new to the game... which ones are considered Top 3 or 4?

And which is easier for a first timer to apply? Heard a lot of bad first time experiences with Opti-Coat for example.

I don't think any of the coatings are really that hard to apply, people just get nervous by the "permanent" thing. That being said Opti-Coat can be a little fussy in hotter/humid temps, but by no meas difficult.

Of all the coatings I've tried so far I found 22ple and CQuartz Finest have both been a breeze to apply. From talking with others the CQUK is supposed to be even easier.

Andr3wilson
02-21-2014, 04:58 PM
So says the distributor for Polished Angel...:rolleyes:

*Polish Angel

*Canadian

I really don't want to come as a guy trying to push product, if you buy it, please enjoy. If you don't, my heart isn't broken, please enjoy that product.

kevincwelch
02-21-2014, 04:59 PM
Agree that they are fairly easy to apply. Pinnacle black label is probably the easiest to apply, but my personal experience and testing questions its longevity.

I have Gtechniq c1 and exov2 on my car. c1 is a pain to apply because you use these little gauze pads; however, it is technically easy to apply. exov2 is also easy and i wouldn't consider it a pain at all.

Looking to try CQuartz or Opti-coat 2.0 on my wife's car this spring.

I'm not clear on whether Permanon Platinum or Hydro2 are coatings or hybrid coatings, but those are even easier than PBL!

Old Tiger
02-21-2014, 05:14 PM
So far Carpro has caught my eye. The instructions seem simple enough... almost like a normal LSP. Apply, wait for XXX amount of time depending on temp, then buff of with provided microfiber towels.

That seems to be less scary than "wipe it in until its invisible", lol.

CQ UK is your ticket!

Jaretr1
02-21-2014, 05:35 PM
Since nobody mentioned it...the coatings are great, but make sure you take the time and effort to properly prepare the paint or otherwise you will "seal" in whatever defects, swirls, scratches etc your car already has.

zmcgovern45
02-21-2014, 06:12 PM
I'm not clear on whether Permanon Platinum or Hydro2 are coatings or hybrid coatings, but those are even easier than PBL!

HydrO2 claims about 2-3 months of durability... it is best described as a sealant not a coating.

With that being said, HydrO2 is a fantastic choice to apply on top of a coating for additional protection/boost.

dchristo
02-21-2014, 06:31 PM
HydrO2 claims about 2-3 months of durability... it is best described as a sealant not a coating.

With that being said, HydrO2 is a fantastic choice to apply on top of a coating for additional protection/boost.

is Hydr02 better as a topper than reload for opti coat ?

Rod
02-21-2014, 06:44 PM
Easy sonax nano lack, best choice cquartz uk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk