PDA

View Full Version : running boards

bonedr
02-21-2014, 02:57 PM
hi all i am preparing to do a full detail on my yukon denali 2009 with retractable step ups or running boards . these are tough to detail haven't found the right product to protect and make them look good obviously cant be slippery either so most vinyl dressings are out :buffing: any suggestions would be appreciated Feed back please

B_one guy
02-21-2014, 03:03 PM
Yeah I ran into the same thing doing my 08 Escalade. What I found that works pretty good is aerospace 303 to coat it after it has been cleaned. It does not make it glossy, but rather a matte finish. So far it has lasted me 1.5 months. I am sure others will chime in soon though with other suggestions.

david79z28
02-21-2014, 03:07 PM
I've had success with Ultima trim and tire guard on my Avalanche. Not greasy or shiny.

Mine isn't a daily driver but the Ultima has lasted longer than anything that I have tried.

I haven't tried 303...

Flash Gordon
02-21-2014, 04:50 PM
I would warn the customer that the running boards will become very slick if they get wet with a dressing applied. You sure don't want to put that stuff on a pregnant woman's truck

swanicyouth
02-21-2014, 04:53 PM
DLux. Works on metal. Works on plastic. Lasts forever. Not greasy, as it's a coating.

That's what I use.