PDA

View Full Version : Lunch date with a coin-op and Ultima WW+

mc4nam
02-20-2014, 05:56 PM
So, I decided today at lunch I would try UWW+ for the 1st time. I originally was going to do just a waterless wash because I just cleaned the car really well last week, (hand job thread) but I was driving through a target parking lot yesterday and got sprayed by a group of blackbirds. It looked like an episode of The Birds there were so many.

I would have welcomed just one bird bomb spot or two but no it was small splatter spots covering the hood. I figured since it was my 1st time to try a WW wash, I would go spray it off at the coin op about a mile from work.

I chose to do this at lunch so, once again, I would not have to do it during a time I could be spending with my son.

Here goes:

Products used:

Optimum Power Clean 3:1 to spray on Wheels and wells
About 12 MF Tech MF Towels
MF Madness Crazy Pile
UWW+
Surf City Beyond black for tires.
CG Black On Black to Spray in Wheel wells

Got to Car Wash. I sprayed the OPC on the wheels and wheel wells. Let it dwell. Put my $1.00 in quarters in and worked over the wheels and wheel wells pretty good. I just used the rinse only of the sprayer. This gave me a chance to really clean the rear wells that are fabric lined really well.

I then sprayed down the car really well and drove back to a shady spot near work. Wind dried it off enough that I just used the water along with the UWW+ to do the wash.

I quickly wiped the door jambs and inside trunk and hood and one final walk over with the crazy pile and I was done.

I enjoyed the Waterless wash. My paint still felt really slick from the Meguiars Black wax/Optimum Spray wax last week. The UWW seemed to be plenty of slick enough for me to feel comfortable doing this more in the future. I did use the entire bottle.

Here a few pics of the job. The beading is on the roof before it was actually washed and just sprayed off. Not to bad I guess.

I do have some minor swirls here and there but I think it looks pretty good for a daily driver.

Left work at 1:09 pm. I was back in the building at 2:32 pm. Now I got my entire evening and weekend with my son and a clean car.

BobbyG
02-20-2014, 06:11 PM
A very nice job on that black VW......

Sicoupe
02-20-2014, 06:18 PM
Looks great:)

jamesboyy
02-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Great job maintaining that shine you worked so hard for......keep up the great work

KillaCam
02-20-2014, 06:31 PM
Looks real shiny. Now go buy the UWW+ concentrate.

mc4nam
02-20-2014, 10:37 PM
Looks real shiny. Now go buy the UWW+ concentrate.

Thanks everyone. It actually is the UWW+ Concentrate. I bought the package with the empty bottle and mixed it myself.