PDA

View Full Version : Anyone knows how to gloss tires like these?

Pages : [1] 2 3

nzxt
02-20-2014, 12:10 PM
Well, ive been looking for several products that make tires gloss like these but cant find anything.. this is different than armor all type

Ive heard about Black magic tire wet gel and sanctiond tire glaze, anyone have tried them or got any better idea?

Thanks

hernandez.art13
02-20-2014, 12:19 PM
^ Sheesh those are some shiny tires. I've seen some Optimum in past threads that looked nice

Optimum Tire Shine is a glossy, protective tire dressing for all exterior rubber trim, tires & moldings. Get the optimum shine on your car's tires! (http://www.autogeek.net/opt500.html)

speaking of tire "shine" I have to go take pictures of my four tires for the video I am working on

FUNX650
02-20-2014, 12:38 PM
Welcome to AGO!

(I'm glad I typed this before I took a look at the picture of that tire messing...errr...dressing :eek:...Blinding!!)

Bob

aim4squirrels
02-20-2014, 01:08 PM
You can use this product to get that look:

Meguiars NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Coating is a spray on tire dressing and rubber protectant with a high gloss shine. (http://www.autogeek.net/menxtgeinsht.html?productid=menxtgeinsht&channelid=FROOG&utm_source=CSEs&utm_medium=GoogleProductSearch&utm_campaign=CSE&gclid=CM6sgvyl27wCFcXm7AodOzwARQ)

Don't expect it to last more than a week, or be easy to clean up after, or to not sling all over the fenders, but yes, it'll look the part.

Just02896
02-20-2014, 01:17 PM
Save yourself the trouble and just apply it to the body panels that it will be flung onto withing the first 2 miles driven! Lol! Seriously though, the tires in that picture definitely have a heavy coating of some silicon based tire dressing. Stay away from those types of dressings!

Evan.J
02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Welcome to the forum!

As others have said that's nothing more that a silicone dressing on the tires. In all honestly a silicone dressing with give you that look but at the price of flinging the dressing all over the side of your car or truck.

The best thing I can suggest is a water based dressing like Opti-Bond or carpro perl. Both are great dressing and offer a nice clean look.

You will find that most here do not care for the insane gloss on tires and they seem to attract dirt.

If you are waning that look though then meguiars a has the NXT insane tire shine or the hot tires I think is the other name. Additionally you can get something like the meguiars all season dressing which comes in a gallon and use that if you choose to go down the silicone dressing route.

allenk4
02-20-2014, 01:40 PM
Terrible

nzxt
02-20-2014, 01:41 PM
Save yourself the trouble and just apply it to the body panels that it will be flung onto withing the first 2 miles driven! Lol! Seriously though, the tires in that picture definitely have a heavy coating of some silicon based tire dressing. Stay away from those types of dressings!

Yeah, it looks like it... damn they look great but i know lots of products can ruin the tires

jamesboyy
02-20-2014, 01:50 PM
Welcome to autogeek, and I can understand you want your tires to pop like your wheels/rims will but like others said it's just an silicone dressing and with that said do you really want to harm your OEM paint( something that's irreplaceable) but like Evan j said use a water based dressing another good one would be Chemical guys new car shine dressing also chemical guys has a tire dressing chart on there website that tells you the shine leave if it's water based and such

GenesisCoupe
02-20-2014, 01:53 PM
That's some serious silicone!

Try the Meguire's tire dressing, there is one that provides EXTREME shine.

1kwikf
02-20-2014, 01:55 PM
turtle wax black tire coat is pretty insane, and it lasts for what seems like forever. however, do not apply it in any type of wind as its an aerosol and a pain to get off your paint and windows

Jaretr1
02-20-2014, 02:51 PM
The Pinnacle Black Onyx Tire Gel leaves a pretty good shine with no splatter. Not quite that glossy, but rich.

Mike recently did review of the new Meguiars Ultimate tire spray and it was pretty glossy and he liked it, which was high praise.

HUMP DIESEL
02-20-2014, 03:06 PM
Stoner More Shine Less Time. It is aerosol as well, so make sure you are inside. That will get the outer lugs, and then use another type of dressing for the main tire part. As others have said a silicone dressing is going to give you this wet look, but the Stoner will keep the sling off to a minimum. You could also go with a gel on the main tire parts to make it less runny.

HUMP

HateSwirls
02-20-2014, 03:27 PM
That looks actually like "Cover All"
I used Cover All a few times and yep just what you see here.
Comes in an aerosol.
Today I still use it for dressing under the fender, well mostly use Megs Hyper

It makes tires look dripping wet but it will sling on you.
I never used a product that produces as much shine as CA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AG Online

nzxt
02-20-2014, 05:13 PM
What i heard about Turtle wax is that sooner or later it will leave that yellowish color.. I think im gonna give it a try on Meguiars hot shine gloss and ill try cover all too.

Thanks for the answers!