PDA

View Full Version : Deciding lsp or qd products. feedback helpful on product list.

Pages : [1] 2

doodoo
02-19-2014, 10:48 PM
Hello everyone, I am new to the detailing hobby ( Just got into detailing a couple months ago). I am looking to buy something to apply after washing my car to enhance shine and slickness, adds water beading/sheeting, can be used on glass and enhances metallic paints. A protective layer is a plus but not required. I am looking for anything that comes in a gallon as I will be using this after every wash and my family has 5 cars driven daily. Plus this saves money as well. I am looking for something to spray on and wipe off. My choices so far are: Duragloss aquawax, Optimum car wax, optimum instant detailer, finish kare 425, meguiars d156, chemical guys hybrid v7, pinnacle crystal mist. Any other suggestions are fine as well or suggestions to remove products from my list. Thanks for your input! I will be sure to take pics for any of you ( if wanted) after a decision has been made.

FUNX650
02-19-2014, 11:55 PM
Welcome to AGO!

To really enhance shine and slickness:
Claying and polishing will work wonders!

Then the addition of a spray-on Last Step Product (LSP) will act in a manner of a sacrificial barrier...plus add a little more towards "enhancement".

The AGO store carries quite a few of these types of spray-on LSP's.
No bad choices there, IMO.

Bob

davey g-force
02-20-2014, 12:02 AM
D156...

doodoo
02-20-2014, 12:33 AM
Welcome to AGO!

Then the addition of a spray-on Last Step Product (LSP) will act in a manner of a sacrificial barrier...plus add a little more towards "enhancement".

Bob

Thanks. When I first started into the detailing hobby, I researched what to do. I bought the griot da orbital. And I clayed, compound, polished, and waxed. Using otc meguiars ultimate compound and polish. With techwax 2.0. But now I am getting more into detailing, I am looking at brands I didn't even know existed. There's too many in the store. Which is why I want to narrow it down. I am asking for for input from you experts which have experience with these.

doodoo
02-20-2014, 12:34 AM
D156...

Thanks for your choice. 1 point for d156!

jamesboyy
02-20-2014, 12:40 AM
I would say meguiars d156, and welcome to autogeek

02-20-2014, 12:40 AM
Blackfire Midnight Sun
FK425
Pinnacle Crystal Mist
V7

I like these in this order...

JHL88
02-20-2014, 04:35 AM
I second BF Midnight Sun. one of my favorite waxes

KBsToy
02-20-2014, 08:29 AM
Welcome to AGO!

Bob

The addication begins :autowash:

doodoo
02-20-2014, 09:54 AM
I would say meguiars d156, and welcome to autogeek

Thanks. Thats +2 for d156.

Blackfire Midnight Sun
FK425
Pinnacle Crystal Mist
V7

I like these in this order...

I didn't know of blackfire. I looked it up and its pretty pricy at 75 a gallon shipped. But if its worth it, you pay for what you get. Ill add that to my list. Blackfire midnight sun +1. Thanks

I second BF Midnight Sun. one of my favorite waxes

Bf midnight sun +2. Thanks

The addication begins :autowash:

I hope I dont get too serious with this hobby. I always tend to overdo it with any hobby i get into. Ive spent too much money on my previous hobbies. At least with this hobby My car will always be shining :dblthumb2:

mdgrwl
02-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Optimum Instant Detail & Gloss Enhancer is a great, cost effective QD. 1 gallon makes 4 dilluted, some make 5 gallons.

Optimum Car Wax is a good spray wax (some also use it similar to a QD and apply after every wash) - also avalible in 1 gallon.

LSP - check out Dodo Supernatural Hybrid.

02-20-2014, 11:31 AM
The moment you created a list, the obsession began :dblthumb2:

doodoo
02-20-2014, 11:59 AM
Optimum Instant Detail & Gloss Enhancer is a great, cost effective QD. 1 gallon makes 4 dilluted, some make 5 gallons.

Optimum Car Wax is a good spray wax (some also use it similar to a QD and apply after every wash) - also avalible in 1 gallon.

LSP - check out Dodo Supernatural Hybrid.

Thanks. Many people have said opt makes good products which is why I added them on my list. Ill look at dodo.

The moment you created a list, the obsession began :dblthumb2:

Haha that's true. I just hope I don't get too out of hand. Don't want to buy $300 wax or something. Or even hoping my car gets dirty so I can detail her again.

hernandez.art13
02-20-2014, 12:15 PM
You can go OTC (over the counter) and enhance your paint or you can shop at a detail shop like We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.AutoGeek.net) and enhance your paint that way.

Either one will work, but it will all depend on what level you want to take this "hobby" too.

buy a machine and some polish and see how dramatic the difference is then just a "wax"

just my opinion

Happy Detailing,

Art

doodoo
02-20-2014, 12:56 PM
You can go OTC (over the counter) and enhance your paint or you can shop at a detail shop like We Are Car Care -- Car Wax, Car Polish, Auto Detailing Supplies, Car Buffers & Car Accessories Store (http://www.AutoGeek.net) and enhance your paint that way.

Either one will work, but it will all depend on what level you want to take this "hobby" too.

buy a machine and some polish and see how dramatic the difference is then just a "wax"

just my opinion

Happy Detailing,

Art

That's what I did. I clayed, compound, polish, and waxed with a da orbital using otc products. That was like 4 months ago. The shine when I finished was crazy,I can tell people were staring and an old man had even asked what model car I have because he wanted to go take a look at the dealer LOL. But I just have an 04 lexus ls430. I want to bring back that shine or even more shine if that is even possible. Im moving on to the better stuff hoping for better results.