PDA

View Full Version : Athens Ga

Pages : [1] 2

MitchLiving
02-19-2014, 09:49 PM
Hello everyone, Name is Mitch living here in Georgia and I am looking forward to learning so much from everyone here. I will be picking up a Porter Cable D.A. This week and some pads.

Can't wait!!

Evan.J
02-19-2014, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the forum Mitch!

jamesboyy
02-19-2014, 10:42 PM
Welcome to autogeek

KillaCam
02-19-2014, 10:44 PM
Welcome from another Georgia member

02-19-2014, 11:49 PM
Welcome to AGO Mitch!

MitchLiving
02-19-2014, 11:56 PM
Thanks a lot guys, looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.. I'm sure I can learn a lot.

02-19-2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks a lot guys, looking forward to meeting some of you in the future.. I'm sure I can learn a lot.

So does the obsession buddy lol :props:

MitchLiving
02-20-2014, 12:07 AM
280NE, I already consider myself a Internet professional detailer and i've never touched a Polisher before lol. I can't tell you how many video's i've watched and how much i've learn by watching vids and understanding HOW it all works.

I learn very fast and there is little that i have not done with cars, (motor builds, turbo installs bla bla).

i'm out of that game and just into making the paint looks best as possible now.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-20-2014, 12:09 AM
Hi Mitch, welcome to AGO.

MitchLiving
02-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Thanks smack!

02-20-2014, 12:24 AM
280NE, I already consider myself a Internet professional detailer and i've never touched a Polisher before lol. I can't tell you how many video's i've watched and how much i've learn by watching vids and understanding HOW it all works.

I learn very fast and there is little that i have not done with cars, (motor builds, turbo installs bla bla).

i'm out of that game and just into making the paint looks best as possible now.

Very cool Mitch, my name is James. Honestly, thats really how I learned. Video after video, tips and tricks, question after question then finally gathered enough courage to take a machine to my paint. With a DA, pretty much impossible to burn paint. AG is great, I've learned so much. I'm just an enthusiast with OCD lol who likes to keep his rides clean. Definitely full time job keep my mustang clean...

MitchLiving
02-20-2014, 11:46 AM
Very cool Mitch, my name is James. Honestly, thats really how I learned. Video after video, tips and tricks, question after question then finally gathered enough courage to take a machine to my paint. With a DA, pretty much impossible to burn paint. AG is great, I've learned so much. I'm just an enthusiast with OCD lol who likes to keep his rides clean. Definitely full time job keep my mustang clean...

My co-worker has an older mustang like a 97 maybe. Nothing special he purchased it used (obviously). Is he allowing me to use his car as a test car.

My question is, a car being that old he has paint defects and scratch's that i can just sand out and buff down, but is it safe to D.A. over sizable paint chips to paint correct the car and not worry the D.A. Will make it worse by increasing the size of the paint chip? I will take pictures of the car today when I goto work to give you guys a better idea of what I am working with.

And i'm only going to charge him for the clay bar since I can't really reuse it unlike a buffing pad and i'm not worry about using to much Compound and waxes bla bla, so I'm not charging him for my time or materials,only the Claybar.

02-20-2014, 12:19 PM
My co-worker has an older mustang like a 97 maybe. Nothing special he purchased it used (obviously). Is he allowing me to use his car as a test car.

My question is, a car being that old he has paint defects and scratch's that i can just sand out and buff down, but is it safe to D.A. over sizable paint chips to paint correct the car and not worry the D.A. Will make it worse by increasing the size of the paint chip? I will take pictures of the car today when I goto work to give you guys a better idea of what I am working with.

And i'm only going to charge him for the clay bar since I can't really reuse it unlike a buffing pad and i'm not worry about using to much Compound and waxes bla bla, so I'm not charging him for my time or materials,only the Claybar.

I believe you'll be fine because you're using a DA. Really need to see how big those chips are though...

MitchLiving
02-20-2014, 01:45 PM
I will take pictures of the car today.

02-20-2014, 01:47 PM
You can always apply touch-up then machine polish to play it safe...