PDA

View Full Version : How many vehicles do you do per day?

Pages : [1] 2

Abram86
02-19-2014, 11:17 AM
I myself try to do one per day so that I can focus on it without having to hurry to get the next one out. Only way ill take on two is if both belong to the same customer. How about you guys?

Pureshine
02-19-2014, 11:23 AM
I only do one car a day doesn't matter what I'm doing on it. I like to focus on the car I'm doing and make sure I don't miss anything. Most the cars I do take a fully day to do so no way I could do more anyways. My customers like that I'm only focus are their cars and when I'm done after 6-8hrs they are very happy.

Evan.J
02-19-2014, 11:25 AM
one per day for me as well

VP Mark
02-19-2014, 11:36 AM
1-3 depending on what packages are sold.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

GettingStarted
02-19-2014, 11:49 AM
3 cars a day spread through out the day. Oddly enough vacuuming is what takes me the longest.

Dr_Pain
02-19-2014, 12:11 PM
Depends if I am doing maintenance washes or heavy duty detailing.

I normally detail on the weekends only (except for the special requests) and have two guys working with me.

A full "maintenance day" is between 4-6 cars. Mix days do not include more than 3 wash/wax or 2 wash/clay/wax (in addition to my maintenance washes which are reduced in numbers to match hrs dedicated to the "upgrades"). Lastly no more than 2 full interior (including shampoo) and no more than 1 compound per weekend (normally)

allenk4
02-19-2014, 01:05 PM
3 cars a day spread through out the day. Oddly enough vacuuming is what takes me the longest.

Have you tried the Tornador Vacuum attachment?

Tornador Blastor Vacuum Attachment TB-017 (http://www.autogeek.net/tornador-blastor-vacuum-attachment.html)

KS_Detailing
02-19-2014, 01:20 PM
TRUE STORY:

I started working at a shop a few months back. I was doing full corrections: proper washing, wheels, clay, tape off, compound/ polish or 1 step polish and protect. Sometimes depending on the level of detailing I could knock out a quick interior or wait until the morning. I would be able to get one car done a day. About 2 weeks in my boss tells me he is letting me go because I work to slow. He said he wants me to do 3-4 a day with interiors :buffing: I told him that was impossible and if it is possible then the quality must be crap. He said his old detailer would do 4 cars a day. He literally took a rotary and hacked them up. I detailed one of the cars he had in the back of the shop he wanted to sell that his old detailer detailed. Every, I mean every edge was burnt through. Clear coat burned through in certain spots.

Now if I was washing, I could do 3 cars a day but full corrections :confused: He made me feel like crap but I realized I would not give up my quality of work. I don't even think I could do 2 cars rushing. But maybe I'm slow but I can do one a day doing it properly. I wasn't even that upset I got let go because I didn't want to be involved with a shop that wanted to do low quality detailing.

Btw I did 10 paint corrections in 12 days...I must be too slow:rolleyes:

DaVinciAutoSpa
02-19-2014, 01:29 PM
TRUE STORY:

I started working at a shop a few months back. I was doing full corrections: proper washing, wheels, clay, tape off, compound/ polish or 1 step polish and protect. Sometimes depending on the level of detailing I could knock out a quick interior or wait until the morning. I would be able to get one car done a day. About 2 weeks in my boss tells me he is letting me go because I work to slow. He said he wants me to do 3-4 a day with interiors :buffing: I told him that was impossible and if it is possible then the quality must be crap. He said his old detailer would do 4 cars a day. He literally took a rotary and hacked them up. I detailed one of the cars he had in the back of the shop he wanted to sell that his old detailer detailed. Every, I mean every edge was burnt through to the primer. Clear coat burned through in certain spots.

Now if I was washing, I could do 3 cars a day but full corrections :confused: He made me feel like crap but I realized I would not give up my quality of work. I don't even think I could do 2 cars rushing. But maybe I'm slow but I can do one a day doing it properly.

To the op: I do one car a day.

Your boss is an idiot. Good for you for sticking up for yourself.

I love it when I hear,...."well, my old detailer....". I always ask WHY he's now your "OLD DETAILER".

He clearly can't/doesn't want to pay for your level of service. Tell him, 'that's ok,not everyone can afford me.'

You should have shown him exhibit A of the burned thru paint on the edges that his old detailer did such a great job on.

I tell those cheap azz people who try to run it on me that they can pick two: good, fast or cheap. People are idiots.

Not to be too harsh, but this really sets me off. Rant over.

STPETEDALE
02-20-2014, 09:17 AM
Being a one man show on average1 -2. Regardless if I work 2 or 10 hours I bid my jobs by my hourly rate. Doesn't matter if it's a 100k car or a 5k car.

FLZapped
02-20-2014, 11:11 AM
TRUE STORY:

I started working at a shop a few months back. I was doing full corrections: proper washing, wheels, clay, tape off, compound/ polish or 1 step polish and protect. Sometimes depending on the level of detailing I could knock out a quick interior or wait until the morning. I would be able to get one car done a day. About 2 weeks in my boss tells me he is letting me go because I work to slow. He said he wants me to do 3-4 a day with interiors :buffing: I told him that was impossible and if it is possible then the quality must be crap. He said his old detailer would do 4 cars a day. He literally took a rotary and hacked them up. I detailed one of the cars he had in the back of the shop he wanted to sell that his old detailer detailed. Every, I mean every edge was burnt through. Clear coat burned through in certain spots.

Now if I was washing, I could do 3 cars a day but full corrections :confused: He made me feel like crap but I realized I would not give up my quality of work. I don't even think I could do 2 cars rushing. But maybe I'm slow but I can do one a day doing it properly. I wasn't even that upset I got let go because I didn't want to be involved with a shop that wanted to do low quality detailing.

I hope you aren't in S. FL. I'd hate to go to this guy! Wonder if he's been sued yet because of the damage the old guy did. If the old guy was so great, why isn't he still there?

10Fore
02-20-2014, 12:30 PM
One to two cars, max if it's just a re-clean. I feel that if I were to do any more that I would not be able to provide the quality that I demand of myself.

lawrenceSA
02-21-2014, 06:59 AM
I transform one car a weekend, between Fri night 18:00 and Sunday 16:00

Interior
Wheels + arches
Engine Bay
Decontamination
1 or 2 step paint correction
LSP
Glass
Exhausts

They usually receive somewhere between 18 and 30 man-hours of my love:autowash:

Kevin Cullen
02-21-2014, 07:13 AM
Roughly 8 hours for a wash and interior. Usually I have to remove the front seats to get to the stuff between the console and the seat.

If it is paint correction then that can take two days to get right.

Jean-Claude
02-21-2014, 10:33 AM
Usually about 1/3-1/5 of one. :D
We typically work on a project from 3-5 days.