PDA

View Full Version : DP interior surface protectant

Pages : [1] 2

pld
02-19-2014, 05:39 AM
Not impressed at all. Leaves smears and look's oily on the surfaces; figured to try something different since my 1Z cockpit cleaner was running low, but I guess I'll stick with the 1Z

rouxster
02-19-2014, 10:16 AM
I have been using it and don't seem to have the same issue. I actually thought how it's nice because it's not too shiny and how well it spreads in addition to how long it lasts.

Probably just different interiors, I'm sure.

cleanmycorolla
02-19-2014, 10:32 AM
Did you clean the surface first? Or did you just throw it on and hope for the best? Did you try to buff off the "oily" high spots? Did you allow any dry time, or just apply and reach this conclusion?

I've never seen anyone have this issue before, either its the dashboard material not playing well or maybe some user error in there...

hernandez.art13
02-19-2014, 10:46 AM
I really like the Ultima line.

Plus I got it on BOGO so I now have a lifetime supply (kidding)

However, this stuff works great

http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-interior-guard-12.html

hernandez.art13
02-19-2014, 11:00 AM
I also keep a California Car Duster under my driver seat to wipe off any accumulated dirt off the dash board. :D

PA DETAILER
02-19-2014, 11:02 AM
DP ISP is the best i have used. Never had a issue with it. Could be residue from the 1Z left over on the plastics?

Pureshine
02-19-2014, 11:13 AM
I use Sonax dash cleaner best I have used yet and 1z deep plastic cleaner for real bad interiors

Nick McKees37
02-19-2014, 11:17 AM
Not impressed at all. Leaves smears and look's oily on the surfaces; figured to try something different since my 1Z cockpit cleaner was running low, but I guess I'll stick with the 1Z

I'm surprised to hear this!

Couple questions:

1. Did you clean the surface first?
2. Was the surface WARM or HOT to the touch when you applied the product?
3. Does the surface have a texture or is it smooth?

1Z CockPit Premium is a much thinner product, so you may simply not be used to DP Interior Surface Protectant, which is a much thicker, more substantial formula (it focuses more on the protection side rather than an "interior QD" like 1Z does).

:dblthumb2:

dpscoupe
02-19-2014, 11:27 AM
Did you shake well before using? I know my bottle will "separate" after sitting a while.

rouxster
02-19-2014, 11:33 AM
Did you clean the surface first? Or did you just throw it on and hope for the best?

I do clean my dash every once in a while and I did clean it before the first time I used it

Did you try to buff off the "oily" high spots?

I don't have any oily high spots. I wipe it on and that's it. Stays looking good for at least a couple of weeks.

Did you allow any dry time, or just apply and reach this conclusion?

I've never seen anyone have this issue before, either its the dashboard material not playing well or maybe some user error in there...

I have been using this for about 6 months now and have probably used it 4-6 times.

pld
02-19-2014, 05:59 PM
I thought this stuff could be used as a cleaner like 1Z because before I purchased it I was told it had cleaning ability and protectant OR is this stuff just a topper over a CLEAN interior?

Nick McKees37
02-19-2014, 06:55 PM
I thought this stuff could be used as a cleaner like 1Z because before I purchased it I was told it had cleaning ability and protectant OR is this stuff just a topper over a CLEAN interior?

DP Interior Surface Protectant does have some light cleaning ability, but its main purpose is a protectant. It can be used to remove light dust and dirt, but if the surface is heavy soiled, you'll want to first use Detailer's Total Interior Cleaner (http://www.autogeek.net/dp340.html).

1Z CockPit Premium is more of a "quick detailer" for your interior. It doesn't offer strong cleaning ability, or substantial protection. It is best used to maintain an interior that's very well taken care of.

:dblthumb2:

pld
02-19-2014, 07:05 PM
Nick, I was debating which DP product to buy and I should of went with the DP interior clean out of the two, Thank's.

pld
02-19-2014, 07:08 PM
Is CG innerclean a good interior product for light dust and a little protection?

Nick McKees37
02-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Is CG innerclean a good interior product for light dust and a little protection?

That would fall under the same category as 1Z CockPit Premium: "interior quick detailer."

So yes, it would be perfect for removing light dust while adding some protection.