PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Using Paypal Here™ for CC Transactions? If not, what?

Pages : [1] 2

Coach Steve
02-19-2014, 04:46 AM
I'm at the point where I need to make the leap and start accepting credit cards. Until recently, cash has been the preferred method of payment and none of my customers have had a problem with it - or, if they have, no one has mentioned it. But, with the way my business has been growing, I certainly don't want to miss the opportunity to gain any new customers simply due to the fact that I only accept cash.

As I've been researching the slew of companies/banks that accommodate credit/debit transactions via mobile device, one of the ones that stood out is Paypal's new" Paypal Here (https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader?mpch=ads&mplx=3484-158110-2056-0)". It uses a CC swiper which plugs into the earphone jack of your mobile device but also allows you to key in the number or scan the card if the magnetic stripe can't be read.
The terms are fairly attractive and you have access to your money immediately.

So, I guess my questions are...
Is anyone using this and/or
What are you using to accept credit cards out in the field?

jrs1418
02-19-2014, 04:58 AM
I have a Paypal account also for online sales, but GoPayment by Intuit is better and cheaper if you're running an android device. If you're running iOS then try Square.

spoocobra
02-19-2014, 05:20 AM
Square works on android... It's great and easy to use.

rustytruck
02-19-2014, 06:56 AM
I use GoPayment. If you are used to having cash only, be prepared that you will get a tax form showing how much you took in. So if you are not now, you will be paying taxes on what you swipe.
GoPayment has been great to work with.

VP Mark
02-19-2014, 07:40 AM
I use square. No issues whatsoever.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Bamaboy007
02-19-2014, 08:07 AM
Square all day long!!!!!!!

JSou
02-19-2014, 08:36 AM
Square here.

Patjacobs
02-19-2014, 08:47 AM
Curious if square is better than paypals.. I've been looking into this as well and square takes 2.75% and paypal takes 2.7%/3.15% when manually entered I think... Plus funds for paypal appear to be immediately available.

KMG
02-19-2014, 08:49 AM
I have square for excepting CC payments in person. I also have a paypal account set up for online stuff. I have never had an issue with either one.

Hitman21
02-19-2014, 10:07 AM
I also was thinking of getting the square, just have a question for those that already use it. How do you pay your sales tax? Do you pay quarterly, or wait till the end of the year? Does you local state send you a tax bill? Any info would be great!

Thanks!

Ian

wrb_subie
02-19-2014, 10:35 AM
Been beat to death but I use square also

Pureshine
02-19-2014, 10:37 AM
I have my pay my taxes quarterly every state is different so I would check with them. I use square for cc payments to. For my BO tax through my city I pay yearly.

umana2482
02-19-2014, 12:49 PM
I was using PayPal Here since it came out. The money is there instantly for use or withdrawal. The problem I have with PayPal Here is you need a good internet signal for the transaction to go thru quick. I'm a mobile detailer, there are a few places where signal would be slow and transaction would take time or not go thru. This was not a big issue to me as it rarely happened but the problem is there.

The other problem I had with PayPal was with one of their updates. We all love when updates on popular apps are updated for improved performance or new features. But when a feature is removed or placed on a different screen that can be a bad thing for business.

After swiping a credit card to charge a customer I would normally hand them my phone in order for them to sign. Above the signature line was the tip menu. They can easily tip if desire or sign and hit the charge button.

The new update I had a problem with placed the tip menu on a separate screen before the signature line. That means that now would I have to swipe card, hand my customer the phone and they would get a tip menu, then hit next. Now the sinature line comes up. By the way I never felt comfortable asking customers for tip or handing them my phone with a tip screen.

Last problem on their last update, if you make a mistake by entering the wrong amount or customer enters an incorrect tip there is no back button or edit screen.

With all the problems Im having with PayPal I decided to give Square a try.
Signature and tip are on the same screen, Transactions go thru instantly as you hit charge. There is no need to Waite for transaction verification. Money is usually deposited within one business day. It may take upto two days if transaction is made late during the day.
The only complaint I have with Square is it doesn't show customers name on the transaction made.

Now all I use is Square for in person transaction and PayPal for internet payments.

Sent from my HTC One using AG Online

jrs1418
02-19-2014, 01:40 PM
I haven't tried square in over a year, but last time I did their mobile app for androids was kinda limited where the IOS app had full point of sale functions.

GoPayment has a mini point of sale function in their app, and I found its better than squares on my Droid Tablet

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-19-2014, 04:27 PM
another one for square. :)