PDA

View Full Version : How do you find local car shows (and the like)?

Pages : [1] 2

Radarryan
02-18-2014, 06:43 PM
I would like to know how you find where local car shows are going to be? All types of shows - from the small, local ones in parking lots to concours d'elegance, where is the information for locals to find? ( Note: I have put this under how to make money because it is a great way for detailers to show off their work, whether it be their clients or themselves.)

Personally, it seems whenever I am not looking for a show, I stumble upon them, and lately, when I want to find anything to put my car in, I can't find it for the life of me. What local resources, or state or national, do you use to find shows that are happening in your city? For example, I live in Dallas, so I would potentially want to see shows across the Dallas-Fort Worth Metropolitan Area (the Metroplex), just as someone in New York may want to find shows across the Tri-State area or Los Angeles across Southland.

I've checked the "car show" websites and have really come up blank, so I thought what better place than AGO and a bunch of detailers and enthusiasts that live for shows like this, to pass out cards or win best in show! Please let me know how I can find shows in my town, so I can see others hard work and point out swirls in the winners car :D

Thanks for all the help and happy detailing!

andrewbmw
02-18-2014, 07:03 PM
The best way to find local car shows is social media like facebook. There will be events and group and pages dedicated to them that will link to other car shows in the area. Just in my town of San Diego they have multiple ones everyday of the week. My friend made a list of all the ones we have here.

I find car shows are not a great place to make money, because most of the people at cars shows enjoy detailing their own cars. I have done demos and stuff at car shows and rarely get new clients from them.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-18-2014, 07:32 PM
Local car forums will be your friend here, or local car FB pages. Where are you from?

Pureshine
02-18-2014, 07:37 PM
Looks for car clubs in your area.

Bill1234
02-18-2014, 07:39 PM
Most events in your area should be either new or repeat every year. My town does one on fathers day. Larry kossilla from AMMO even showed up to it

nebojsa
02-18-2014, 07:46 PM
facebook. i am part of one and we have a facebook page but i found others on facebook

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-19-2014, 12:17 AM
Check to see if you have a Cars and Coffee chapter event near by and go from there.

77shovelhead
02-19-2014, 12:29 AM
Next time you stumble upon one just ask around. Seems like all the car shows I used to go to somebody was always handing out flyers to many other upcoming shows

david79z28
02-19-2014, 12:37 AM
Cars and coffee is the 1st Saturday of the month at Classic BMW in Plano.

I belong to two car clubs in Greenville. That's how I find out about shows out here.

This site shows some ones that would be local for you.

Texas Events - Car Show (http://www.oldride.com/events/texas_carshow.html)

lawrenceSA
02-19-2014, 01:19 AM
For me over here in South Africa it is a little different.

Firstly I sit on the committee of our local VW club (hence all the work I get to do on VW's/Audi's etc) so I am always in the loop in respect of upcoming shows.

My advice would be to join various car forums as there is usually an 'upcoming events' type section. Also I have found attending what we call 'meet and greets' - I assume something similar to your 'coffee and cars' helps a lot.

For me personally I target car enthusiasts who are looking for a 'full correction' type detail. I then educate them on proper maintenance and try and hook them up with all the necessary products and hands on training, so that they can keep their car looking good.

I avoid the 'production ' type detail - those who just want their car shiny for a couple bucks..... whilst this doesn't work for everyone, it does for me.... I only detail on weekends and would rather be pouring my blood, sweat, tears and LOVE into the paint on a car where the owner will APPRECIATE the effort.

So actually getting involved in the regular meets and events within the various car clubs goes a long way in finding these 'enthusiasts'.

I wish I could offer more insight into how you would 'find' these events in your country.

Good luck!

antti@561detailing
02-19-2014, 12:29 PM
Usually decent car forums have local chapters...if there isn't any...you may want to start your own ;) or even start your own local facebook group...find some local shop with big parking lot...or local restaraunt for cars and coffee...

07gtcs
02-19-2014, 03:10 PM
Keep surfing the internet, contact local car clubs as someone in them usually knows about upcoming shows and then going. i know up here if you go to a show or even a cruise night I get up to 10 flyers for upcoming shows/events.

antti@561detailing
02-19-2014, 06:07 PM
usually performance shops know also about shows.

jetta3guy8913
02-19-2014, 06:52 PM
The Providence Journal here in RI has an Auto section a couple times a week and they list cruise nights and car shows. Like others have said car forums and car shows are great ways also

valleyrider
02-19-2014, 07:53 PM
Check out your local PCA chapter, I'm sure a few guys there will know of some shows as well as the PCA shows that happen periodically in the region.