PDA

View Full Version : How is HD Proxy Sealant?

kaboose786
02-18-2014, 04:15 PM
Hey everyone one detailer here in Canada is offering me "HD Proxy Sealant" as a paint protectant and hes saying it will last for about 5 months. I would like to get your opinion on this product. Is it better than collinite845? Because when i asked him to use 845 hes like he cant because hes the "3D" distributor.

mrclean
02-18-2014, 04:27 PM
Hey everyone one detailer here in Canada is offering me "HD Proxy Sealant" as a paint protectant and hes saying it will last for about 5 months. I would like to get your opinion on this product. Is it better than collinite845? Because when i asked him to use 845 hes like he cant because hes the "3D" distributor.

i've used many HD products before. they're very good products. ive usde hd proxy too. very easy to apply and very easy to buff out. ive used hd speed a very good aio polish cleaner. the combination of hd speed and proxy produced great results for me in the past. not sure if it will last 5months. it is part carnuba and its not a full sealant so i doubt it can last that long. but to resume it all, hd is a good brand.:props:

VP Mark
02-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Poxy is a hybrid sealant that has Montan wax in it, not carnauba. It won't last as long as 845, but can be layered. I have yet to ever find a sealant that looks so good on dark vehicles.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Dellinger
02-18-2014, 04:57 PM
5 months would be pushing it unless you maintain with HD Express (or another spray wax) after every wash.

As Mark said, Poxy looks great on dark colors (and even light colors as well.)

On my wife's DD (black Honda Accord) that is driven 60 miles a day, washed every week, and is parked outside... it's lasted 15 weeks. Not bad for a hybrid wax/sealant.

I don't believe it will outlast 845 under the same conditions though.

ski2
02-18-2014, 05:46 PM
As mentioned in other posts POXY is a hybrid sealant/Montan wax (has a higher melting point than carnuba) looks fantastic on dark colors and adds a richness to light colors with great slickness. The new HD Express spray booster seems to increase the slickness even more and is very reasonalbly priced. I get about 4-5 months durability maintaining with spray wax or HD Express after evey other wash.

MattPersman
02-20-2014, 04:52 AM
Didn't last long for me at all, looked very good after application on a polished metal honda civic we had at the time. Tried it on multiple cars and multiple times. Looked best on darker colors. Definitely not a sealant I would pay extra for or hope to get any sort of longevity out of.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-20-2014, 08:01 AM
Excellent hybrid LSP overall. Will not last as long as 845.

tdekany
02-23-2014, 10:52 PM
With proper prep, HD POXY (not proxy) could last 3 months easily. All depends on how the car is stored. On another note, look wise 845 is sterile compared to POXY. Looks good on every color, because it darkens the finish. If you want durability AND the look, have him apply Nitro Seal. Close to a year durability.