PDA

View Full Version : Clear Vs. opaque bottle !?

cobraa
02-18-2014, 02:10 PM
Hey guys,

as a detailer, I spent enough times with my bottle to not really care if the bottle is opaque or not, I know when its time to fill her up and I know which products is which without looking at the color of the product.

But I'm wondering... for the more hobbyist , as well as other hardcore detailer, what is your opinion about this subject ?

Thanks.

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-18-2014, 02:15 PM
I buy the nice Zep sprayers from Home Depot. The sprayer is awesome. I label them with what chemical is in there and dilution ratio with a label machine (I`m OCD). I don`t really care what the bottle looks like as long as it performs and takes some abuse.

kevincwelch
02-18-2014, 02:21 PM
Spraymaster. Covered, except for a window with gradations for measuring purposes.

Love them.

jamesboyy
02-18-2014, 02:32 PM
it depends if I am doing an detail job I don't care what the bottle looks like but if I'm doing my personal baby the bottles, and everything must be highest quality but like stated before the Lowes zep sprayers are great and the tolco sprayers are great tooo

PiPUK
02-18-2014, 04:51 PM
Depending on the plastic, there may only be a 'natural' option, not a clear. Contrary to detailing belief certainly in the UK), PET is not actually suitable for all chemicals!

trekkeruss
02-18-2014, 05:59 PM
I use Megs Detailer products; I like how the bottles are translucent, and I can see at a glance which is which just by the color, and how much is in the bottles with just a glance. Totally not necessary, but a nice touch nonetheless.

BillyJack
02-18-2014, 06:29 PM
I use about any bottle I like. Some vinyl stick-on lettering helps my feeble memory. For window cleaner, waterless wash and QD's I use a bottle that fits a foam can-koozie, so I can set it down on the hood or roof without sliding.

http://i1225.photobucket.com/albums/ee388/kaminokids/Detail%20Forum%20Pics/DetailSupplies.jpg

Bill