PDA

View Full Version : Lexus IS-F - Pearlescent White

lawrenceSA
02-18-2014, 08:53 AM
Hi all

Have a customer looking for a detail on a Lexus IS-F in a 'pearlescent' white....

I know nothing about these paints and was wondering if anyone has worked on them before and if so, what, if anything, needs to be done differently compared to buffing out a normal base/clear type paint?

Any and all input would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

:dblthumb2:

Kaban
02-18-2014, 09:55 AM
It's a pearl white. I'd use the same method you use on any car.

Only difference in that paint is they added a pearl as a mid-coat after putting down the white as the base coat. It's clearcoated like most modern paint so really the technique is the same to correct it.

Lexus paint tends to be on the soft side, I have not done that specific color yet so can't say for sure.

zmcgovern45
02-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Yup, same basic process as any other base/clear.

This color looks great when properly polished.

Here's a great 50/50 by Brian Guy of AOWheels.com (more photos on the DI Ask-A-Pro Blog - article: IS250 correction)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoXaZLWL_Bw]Paint Correction Lexus IS250 pearl wht - YouTube[/video]

eliteautodetail
02-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Wife's car is an 09 Lexus IS-250, Her paint was a tad on the soft side, I used an Orange LC CCS Pad with Megs 205 and had fantastic results. Followed that up with some Klasse, and it was good to go. Car actually needs another round now that it's almost Spring time. Here some pictures, sorry for the cell phone quality.

lawrenceSA
02-19-2014, 01:23 AM
Thanks for the all input guys - appreciate it!

GreatAvalon
02-19-2014, 01:30 AM
My friend has a Starfire Pearl IS-F. Great, fun car. Enjoy working on it Lawrence!