PDA

View Full Version : difference between products

psa6
02-17-2014, 10:33 PM
I would like to know the difference between Wolfgangs gloss enhancing polish,blackfire montan wax and pinnacle black diamond coating ? and which gives better paint protection .
thanks

trekkeruss
02-17-2014, 11:03 PM
I am not familiar with any of those products, but generally speaking, a polish provides no protection whatsoever. A wax provides protection, and enhances the depth of a polish. A coating also provides protection and gloss enhancement like a wax, but lasts much longer, so you do not have to apply it as frequently as a wax.

cleanmycorolla
02-17-2014, 11:37 PM
I would like to know the difference between Wolfgangs gloss enhancing polish,blackfire montan wax and pinnacle black diamond coating ? and which gives better paint protection .
thanks

Well one thing, they're all different. Gloss enhancing polish is well, a polish, it cleans the paint. Zero protection.

BlackICE is a great wax

Black Label is a coating, which since you're novice I'd recommend stating away from until you have the basics down.

Keep in mind, these things need a properly prepped surface to protect your car, if you just throw wax and coatings on without polishing you're just wasting time and money.

trekkeruss
02-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Keep in mind, these things need a properly prepped surface to protect your car, if you just throw wax and coatings on without polishing you're just wasting time and money.

Best place to start learning is right here, spelled out step-by-step: Auto Detailing Facts, auto detailing Tips, How to detailing Guides, how to polish, how to wax, DIY detailing, do it yourself guides (http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html)