PDA

View Full Version : One new product and one oldie with a new use

CowboyTruckn
02-17-2014, 07:49 PM
We have had beautiful weather this weekend, our local car washes were lined up down the street with people wanting to wash all the, filth, salt, and usual winter crud off their cars. With the temps in the upper 60s to 70s I thought I would do mine along with a customer's 09 Mustang that wanted a wash/wax package, a 12 Sentra wanting the basic hand wash (we call it spit shine because we also hit the plastic with dressing and shine the tires).

The first new product I tried on mine was Megs new ultimate tire coating aerosol.
Pros : easy to use, nice look, ABSOLUTELY NO SLING (allowed appropriate dry time), even coverage
Cons: barely enough for two cars, being an aerosol it tends to have overspray, price (being 15$ for two cars = 7.50 per car)
Overall: I would use only for my cars as it gives the wet look I like but the cost keeps it not being profitable unless you upcharge. The jury is still out on longevity as I only applied yesterday but it may prove to be cost effective if an extremely long duration. This is truly the first product that I have used that didn't sling. This however is also my first aerosol.

Second was my old favorite hybrid v7 from chemical guys. I have always used this after my dying stage on my personal cars to boost the shine/protection. I love the slick feel it gives and the gloss it adds. It also works great on those few water spots that are left.

I did however try something new with the v7 today. I CLEANED MY WINDOWS WITH IT! Let me start by saying it was purely accidental at first. While going over my painted areas I got a little(lot) of spray on my passenger rear side window. When I wiped it off it took any spots, dirt that was present right off. I flipped my towel over like I would using it on my paint and POOF! NO STREAKS!!! I proceeded to follow up with all the exterior windows and used my normal window cleaner on the interior. On my other car I also used it on the exterior with same awesome results. This time I noticed my window cleaner was missing. After looking up and down I realised it is probably still in one of the customers cars. So after the great results on the exterior I grabbed my v7 for the inside.... what?!?! I know!!! I loved the slick feel it left, the cleanliness, and absolutely no streaks.

Just thought I would share my weekend and the two products I learned about.

Rod
02-17-2014, 08:00 PM
I did use V7 on my wheels a few times as I bought it but having carpro reload I was not using it. Not lasting longer than a couple of weeks but incredible shine.
About using it for interiors you need to consider that it should probably (I am guessing here) not have any UV protection, so from time to time you would need to use something really dedicated to interiors.

CowboyTruckn
02-17-2014, 09:09 PM
I think you might have misunderstood. I used the v7 strictly on the windows. When I said interior I meant interior windows

Rod
02-18-2014, 05:24 AM
Understood now! I do sometimes use reload in windows too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CowboyTruckn
02-18-2014, 06:25 PM
I was really amazed at how well it worked. In my opinion better than any pure glass cleaner I have used.

02-18-2014, 06:31 PM
Smells great too...

CowboyTruckn
02-18-2014, 06:34 PM
Smells great too...

So true. All cg products do. I think that is why they get a bad rap sometimes. But I love them

Bill1234
02-18-2014, 06:46 PM
try v7 on wood trim inside, looks great

CowboyTruckn
02-20-2014, 11:09 AM
So as a continuation on the megs tire coating... we got done rain last night and now the tires are still black but absolutely no shine. Kind of discouraged about this as for 7 50 per car I would at least expect gloss. To clarify it was a soft stay rain, no heavy thunderstorm. So will I buy again... probably not. Endurance lasts longer and lots cheaper.

02-20-2014, 11:11 AM
So as a continuation on the megs tire coating... we got done rain last night and now the tires are still black but absolutely no shine. Kind of discouraged about this as for 7 50 per car I would at least expect gloss. To clarify it was a soft stay rain, no heavy thunderstorm. So will I buy again... probably not. Endurance lasts longer and lots cheaper.

Have you tried Ultima Tire & Trim?

CowboyTruckn
02-21-2014, 02:36 AM
Have you tried Ultima Tire & Trim?

Not yet... I hope my earlier post about the rain didn't come off as a rant, suppose to be a review update. Anyway I have tried many but still waiting on my perfect tire shine.

I had found it a couple years ago in nxt insane shine. Totally loved it! They discontinued it and the aerosol isn't the same.

My ultimate tire shine is something that is absolutely BLINDING, so shiny it looks like they are melting. I know that appearance isn't everyone's cup of tea but shiny tires I notice first and after I detail mine I want to be noticed. On customers cars I do tone it down on the shine. I also want little to no sling. I liked the liquid spray because it is easier to control for that aspect. The gels provide the look, but usually they stay in the ridges even with a wipedown and ultimately sling. Longevity isn't so much as an issue to me as usually I wash weekly to biweekly depending on conditions. The aerosols have no longevity, at least what I have tried.

I was hoping I had found the product I had been looking for. Again: SLING - none, SHINE 1-10: 7/8, LONGEVITY: still dark but no shine after an easy rain and 3 days.

The longevity is what really sours it for me. Typically this isn't a huge deal to me but at this price point and the fact that I believe it says coating. Was really expecting more here. Also if you would happen to have large mud grappler style tires you may only get one vehicle worth as I got two with one lower profile, and one normal profile factory tires.

My current go to is chemical guys new look tire shine. If you let sit overnight and light wipe before driving the next day you can really negate the sling. Tends to not drop shine factor if allowed to really bond before wiping.