PDA

View Full Version : How many and type ?

Superblackbird
07-08-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi,I`am planning to get the UDM,but now i`m thinking how many of those pads each do i need to get as my starting kits.Should i get the Edge or from LC.Feed back please Thanks.

D
07-08-2007, 12:19 AM
If I could do it over again, Id go with LC by FAR. How many depends on what kind of detailing you're doing. Are you taking care of your own cars, or do you have a business? Ive got 1 of each pad, but Ive got two systems, LC and Edge. If I need to buy more pads, they will come from LC.

supercharged
07-08-2007, 12:44 AM
I'm a big edge 2000 fan. Although I haven't tired CCS pads yet, I will tell that there is no comparison between E2K and LC pads. I hate a backing plate, which literally melted on me when I was removing heavy scratches on speed 6.
Edge 2000 pads are much more durable, and are a must for UDM.
LC is more for older PC 7424, since UDM is much more powerfull, your backing plate might melt even at speed 5...

Just mine $0.02...

Thejoyofdriving
07-08-2007, 01:04 AM
I have LC pads, and i also have the edge system. I have never had a problem with my LC pads, the only thing i do not like about them is that they are hard to center(like most H&L pads). There are a few things i do not like about the edge system, one is that the edge system is open celled, so it sucks up alot of product, also i find the pads hard to remove. Another thing i found i didnt like is that the pad surface was not flat, it was raised towards the middle, which made the pad difficult to use(for a hard pad). I have a festool, so i do not have the option of using the edge system. I really like the idea of the edge system but the edge company needs to refine their product. Its hard to choose one, you might want to do more reasearch and ask more questions before you make a Decision.