PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys - long time lurker, finally joined!

Pages : [1] 2

GreatAvalon
02-17-2014, 12:11 PM
Hey everybody! I'm very excited to have joined up.

A little bit about me: I am in college. I live in Northern VA. I have been lurking this forum hardcore since about Christmas as I prepared to jump feet first into elevating my detail game. I have been into keeping my cars clean for a long, long time, but only used OTC stuff. I have been washing via the 2 bucket wash method for about a year and a few months - right when I got my new car. The cars I will be using all my new found products and honing my techniques on are a my 2012 Camry SE, Magnetic Grey Metallic and a my mom's 2013 RAV4 AWD Limited, Shoreline Blue Pearl. As you can tell we are a Toyota family. And I moderate a Toyota forum. Also will buy boat products for our 03 Triton TR-21 bass boat.

I started lurking after this site popped on every google search I did on products lol! I wasnted to step up my detailing game. So I wanted to get products that I called "boutique" meaning, couldn't buy them over-the-counter. When reading it took a long time for me to figure out what all the abbreviations stood for :laughing: About a month ago I made my first big, monstrous and decently expensive order. Then a week later another order. Then a week after that another order. And then last night I made another order, which is going to be my last one for a while! All those orders and I haven't even been able to use any of them yet! This added up quickly, but I literally searched all types of products for all the purposes I needed, and bought whatever one people said was best. I wanted the best and put the cost of it aside to a degree.

OK enough of me talking! Here is the product list I bought as a result of everything I read on this forum. I am very happy with it!!!

Porter Cable 7424XP
5" Lake Country Backing Plate
10 5.5" Lake Country Flat pads
5 5.5" Lake Country Hydro Tech pads
MTM Hydro Low Pressure Foam Cannon
CG Honeydew Snow Foam
Riccardo Clay
Pinnacle Clay Lube
M105 (just to keep handy)
Menzerna PF2500
Menzerna SF4500
CarPro Eraser
Four Star Ultimate Paint Protection - Sealant
Pinnacle Signature Series II
Wolfgang Uber Wheel cleaner
TufShine Tire Cleaner
PERL
Professional Lugnut Brush
Mothers Tire Brush
Mothers Fender Well Brush
Mothers Wheel Brush
Daytona Speed Brush
Detailing Brush
Nylon Bristle Brush
Optimum Power Clean
2 Grit Guards
3 Woobie MF Towels
3 530 Supreme MF Towels
2 600 Super Plush MF Towels
1 Guzzler Waffle Weave
1 MF mitt
Craftsman Electric Leaf Blower

And some various odds and ends things. :xyxthumbs:

Now for pictures:
Here are pics of the two cars when they are all clean. Camry:
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7328/9438512695_8b0b3cae7e_b.jpg

RAV:
http://farm6.staticflickr.com/5490/12018568175_01e786cecc_b.jpg

The Camry is absolutely destroyed now from salt, but hopefully Wednesday I can get the foam cannon out and start putting all this money to use!

Mike Phillips
02-17-2014, 12:13 PM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

:welcome:

jamesboyy
02-17-2014, 12:22 PM
Welcome to autogeek, and yes i know how you feel about the salt on your car it makes us all wanna cry seeing our babies so dirty, and we can't do nothing about it

GreatAvalon
02-17-2014, 01:46 PM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline!

Thanks Mike! Is it weird that I feel as if a celebrity just said hi to me? :laughing:

Welcome to autogeek, and yes i know how you feel about the salt on your car it makes us all wanna cry seeing our babies so dirty, and we can't do nothing about it
Thanks Jamesboy! Looking forward to being an active member! :xyxthumbs:

02-17-2014, 01:49 PM
Welcome to AGO!

FrankS
02-17-2014, 02:09 PM

GreatAvalon
02-17-2014, 02:19 PM
Welcome to AGO!

Hey hey, thanks guys!!! :dblthumb2:

Evan.J
02-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Welcome to the forum!

Tato
02-17-2014, 02:24 PM
Welcome.

You've already got nice stuff to work with, keep reading and posting your results.

Kind Regards.

WillWashesCars
02-17-2014, 04:19 PM
Welcome to the forum! Those are some very clean cars!

Radarryan
02-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Thanks Mike! Is it weird that I feel as if a celebrity just said hi to me? :laughing:

Nope, not weird at all in these parts! :props:

Welcome! :welcome: to AGO

GreatAvalon
02-17-2014, 05:05 PM
Welcome to the forum!
Thanks Evan!

Welcome.

You've already got nice stuff to work with, keep reading and posting your results.

Kind Regards.
Thanks, I appreciate it!

Welcome to the forum! Those are some very clean cars!
Thanks!

Nope, not weird at all in these parts! :props:

Welcome! :welcome: to AGO
Ok good!

You are actually a member that I really followed your posts closely. I had a lot of the same exact questions you asked on here, which was awesome. Some where about general stuff, others were about the Menz sf4500. I got 3 Crimson Hydro-tech 5.5" pads to use with sf4500 based on what members said in your threads and your opinion after you did your Porsche/dad's Aston Martin. I'm definitely excited for it!

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-18-2014, 12:18 AM
Hi, welcome to AGO.

GreatAvalon
02-18-2014, 12:25 AM
Hi, welcome to AGO.
Hi Smack! I have read a ton of your posts when I was researching!

Radarryan
02-18-2014, 03:28 AM
You are actually a member that I really followed your posts closely. I had a lot of the same exact questions you asked on here, which was awesome. Some where about general stuff, others were about the Menz sf4500. I got 3 Crimson Hydro-tech 5.5" pads to use with sf4500 based on what members said in your threads and your opinion after you did your Porsche/dad's Aston Martin. I'm definitely excited for it!

I can't tell you how happy I am to hear that! I try to make my posts so others who have the same question (there's got to be some of us, right?) can read it and come to a proper conclusion, rather than leaving with more questions than what we started with.

I can tell you, 100%, that Menzerna SF4500 and the HT Crimson pad produced the best shine I have ever seen. Period. Now, there may be other products out there that can achieve an equal or superior shine, but for a relative novice armed with a PC and some pads/polishes, I would imagine it is hard to match.

Good luck with everything and please don't hesitate to ask me any question you rather not make a thread about via PM. We're all here to help! Best of luck, and make sure to post your pictures!