PDA

View Full Version : DIY PDR tips & Tools

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-07-2007, 10:44 PM
I want to offer pdr as a service...

Can someone help me by pointing me in the right direction for the needed tool(s) and some pointer. Obviuosly with anything practice is your best friend but just general tips/tricks of the trade....

Thanks!

budman3
07-07-2007, 10:53 PM
PDR isn't something that you can buy the tools and read online and be successful at it. If you are really serious about this, chalk up the moula and take the course. From my understanding PDR is a very tedious task that takes a ton of practice and experience to be successful. I think the proper tools alone are $2,000...

D
07-07-2007, 11:39 PM
What is PDR?

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-07-2007, 11:49 PM
Paintless Dent Repair...

bambo2888
07-08-2007, 12:09 AM
it would be an awesome trade to me good at, but I highly suggest taking the classes, for what i know about it, its a very tedious and meticulous task, but the payoff is high.

orngez
07-08-2007, 01:08 AM
actually...i ordered pdr tools off of ebay and include it in my service routine...i will admit i had many failed attempts...including trying to remove the dings on ltomans van...but i have gotten much better at it now...probably took about 6-7 cars to practice on to get it right...really not that hard...

Deep Gloss Auto Salon
07-08-2007, 01:17 AM
actually...i ordered pdr tools off of ebay and include it in my service routine...i will admit i had many failed attempts...including trying to remove the dings on ltomans van...but i have gotten much better at it now...probably took about 6-7 cars to practice on to get it right...really not that hard...

What tools did you buy??

TOGWT
07-08-2007, 05:17 AM
If you are serious about offering this service I would strongly urge you to invest in a course of training, it easier than you think to inflict serious bodywork damage to a client vehicle will will result in costly (at your expense) bodywork repairs and possible re-spraying paintwork

Paintless Dent Removal (PDR):
(PDR) is a highly skilled process in which minor dings and dents are removed from an automobile's exterior without creating the costly and time consuming need for traditional body shop repairs. The process involves the use of custom designed dent removal tools that are applied to the inside skin of a vehicle's sheet metal, to begin the repair process, a dent technician gains access to the inside skin of the metal via an automobile's windows, headlights or other access point.

A fluorescent light is then used to illuminate the damaged area. The technician then drags the tip of the dent removal tool with leverage, over the damaged area in a fluid, pumping motion. In less than an hour, will be able to repair dings and dents on any panel of any metal vehicle, including the car's roof, trunk, and hood as long as the paint has not been fractured or damaged prior to the repair -

ScottB
07-08-2007, 07:56 AM
What is PDR?

Im glad you asked .....

klumzypinoy
07-08-2007, 04:53 PM
When I saw PDR in the title, I thought he was talking about PHYSICIAN'S DESK REFERENCE! Lol