PDA

View Full Version : California Drought/Water Limitations

Pages : [1] 2

GCantero93
02-16-2014, 06:45 PM
Here in California we are in a very severe drought. As of now there is no mandatory rationing of water. There is signs all over the freeways and its all over the news for people to do what they can to help save water.

How does this affect both professional detailers and enthusiast? What changes will you have to make in the way you wash a car?

For me this sucks really bad. I just got a pressure washer and a foam cannon not to long ago. For now I'm leaning towards switching to a rinseless wash.

HD.Detailing
02-16-2014, 06:56 PM
rinseless or move

cleanmycorolla
02-16-2014, 06:59 PM
Waterless and Rinseless.

GCantero93
02-16-2014, 07:01 PM
rinseless or move

+1 on the move. haha

hernandez.art13
02-16-2014, 07:32 PM
I saw a sign too. Honestly, while detailing is a lot of fun in using the 2BM, this is just my personal opinion. So if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything about my opinion at all....,

Well like I was saying, it's fun and necessary at times. I am thinking when people go off roading.

I do try and save as much water as possible. I have really been wanting to try Rinse less washes. Waterless washes might work for others, but it's not really for me.

I was thinking of trying the Gary Dean style method, but I honestly don't want to be having to wash 20+ towels per detail. Then I would still be back to square one in having to use a lot of water always washing towels.
Plus I'm not a laundry guy... :D

I am thinking about maybe buying some ONR and still doing a 2BM, but I would instead throw 4-5+ wash mitts in the bucket of ONR and the other one just have regular water. Then just proceed like a regular 2BM.

I would spray some Waterless wash on the car before wiping with a mitt...

VP Mark
02-16-2014, 07:39 PM
The reports of paint marring from ONR washing are greatly exaggerated. One bucket ONR using 3-4 towels is sufficient 99% of time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

pickles
02-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Live in the Central Valley and no place in worse than here. The city already has water restriction rules like water evry other day ,no watering on Sundays and you can only wash your car with a shut off nozzle. I've decided to only wash each of my cars once every three weeks. Actually haven't washed any of them in over a month. But I feel like the foam cannon uses significantly less water than a foam gun.

silverfox
02-16-2014, 07:48 PM
You guys are quickly going to become rinseless /waterless wash experts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pureshine
02-16-2014, 07:49 PM
You live in a desert move your taking all my water from Washington.

GCantero93
02-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I saw a sign too. Honestly, while detailing is a lot of fun in using the 2BM, this is just my personal opinion. So if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything about my opinion at all....,

Well like I was saying, it's fun and necessary at times. I am thinking when people go off roading.

I do try and save as much water as possible. I have really been wanting to try Rinse less washes. Waterless washes might work for others, but it's not really for me.

I was thinking of trying the Gary Dean style method, but I honestly don't want to be having to wash 20+ towels per detail. Then I would still be back to square one in having to use a lot of water always washing towels.
Plus I'm not a laundry guy... :D

I am thinking about maybe buying some ONR and still doing a 2BM, but I would instead throw 4-5+ wash mitts in the bucket of ONR and the other one just have regular water. Then just proceed like a regular 2BM.

I would spray some Waterless wash on the car before wiping with a mitt...

That's exactly how I'm going to do it. I bought ONR to use it as clay lube and quick detail. Now I'll have to use it as a rinseless wash.

GCantero93
02-16-2014, 08:21 PM
You live in a desert move your taking all my water from Washington.

We appreciate your water.

Skoob
02-16-2014, 09:06 PM
I prefer rinseless over waterless also. I have been doing it for over a year now, I live in a apartment with no free flowing water source. I use the 2BM and it works great.
Pick up a few good drying towels. Between my buckets I use 4 gallons of water. The cars still get clean and I love the look of a clean car.

GettingStarted
02-16-2014, 09:20 PM
I prefer rinseless over waterless also. I have been doing it for over a year now, I live in a apartment with no free flowing water source. I use the 2BM and it works great.
Pick up a few good drying towels. Between my buckets I use 4 gallons of water. The cars still get clean and I love the look of a clean car.

What do you use for rinseless? I've noticed ONR won't let my wash media get clean pretty much necessitating the Gary Dean method.

HD.Detailing
02-16-2014, 10:54 PM
Yeah my bright white Mitts are now stained like poop because of ONR, but doesn't seem to affect the final result.

Sent from my Alien ship

ducksfan
02-16-2014, 11:15 PM
Switch to UWW+. Put microfibers in a 3-5 gal. presoak bucket as soon as you finish detailing. Leave them there until you accumulate a wash load. Staining problem solved.