PDA

View Full Version : Pressure Washers and Foam Cannon

soapboxpreacher
02-16-2014, 06:33 PM
I just snagged an AR112 (1600psi 1.58GPM) and AR sells a Foam Cannon that is made to attach directly without modification to any of their Pressure washers. I was told it is a=made by MTM (but which model, MTM has a high and a low pressure version)...which I believe AG sells also only AG is selling theirs for nearly double at 120 bucks!!! Will I get good foam out of this Pressure washer and Cannon? I know some of this depends on the soap...like a 901. I see a ton of Youtube videos with the old version of the MTM cannon and lower PSI Pressure washers and it doesnt do great with foam. About as good as the garden house foam cannon, which I havent ruled out because it would be easy to take it with me if I am up north at my folks for a weekend or so on. Back to the Pressure washer version. The MTM low pressure cannon seems to
get some great suds!! Like shaving cream rich! But which one does AR Sell...more so are these really worth it and also is this pressure washer worth it? 1600 doesnt seem like much but any other electric PW is limited to 2000 PSI and most are no more than 1.5GPM anyway...so I am having some reluctance. I would use my PW for other things as well...driveway, garage, patio bricks, floor mats! But if it is just marginal I will return it and merely get a hose foam cannon...and save my money. I can always go to a car wash bay and pin up my floor mats for a cleaning...since I got my Weathertechs I probably wont be trashing my fabric mats much. But once again wondering if these foam cannons are really that great, without any experience I am out in the dark. Let me know. Thanks

Kyle_Elantra
02-17-2014, 10:46 AM
It is the normal, high pressure MTM one.

The AG ones have a different adapter built on to the cannon itself, I think it's 1/4", and they throw in the adapter and a sample of DP Xtreme foam. It is pricier, but when you buy it with a good coupon and don't have to buy the adapter separately, it's not a bad deal.

The foam cannon is 100% worth it - IMO. The foam cannon is much better than the foam gun when it comes to dwell time, and 1600 PSI is sufficient. I have a 1600 PSI Karcher with an MTM cannon and it works great. I've tried user Jsou's 1800 PSI Karcher with the AG foam cannon at the Northern Virginia meet ups - and the 200 PSI difference is not as noticeable as I expected.

GreatAvalon
02-17-2014, 12:20 PM
I have a 1800PSI 1.5GPM Karcher pressure washer and I just got a MTM Hydro low pressure model for it. I havent used it with foam yet. So your PW will be able to work it, but I bought the low pressure one to be sure.

The pressure washer you have is going to take a long time to clean bricks and driveways, but it will work for those things as well. Just drives me crazy with how long it takes.

OT: Kyle - I am new here. How do I find out about the Northern VA meetups?! I live here!

Kyle_Elantra
02-17-2014, 12:46 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/63027-northern-virginia-team-detail-anyone.html

Per the last posts - it since been canceled/moved to invite only. Not sure if anybody else has a place/shop where we can meet up.

I'm always down to meet with other Geeks - if you're looking to learn anything just let me know. As of right now there's no mass meetup scheduled as far as I know.

GreatAvalon
02-17-2014, 01:04 PM
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/63027-northern-virginia-team-detail-anyone.html

Per the last posts - it since been canceled/moved to invite only. Not sure if anybody else has a place/shop where we can meet up.

I'm always down to meet with other Geeks - if you're looking to learn anything just let me know. As of right now there's no mass meetup scheduled as far as I know.
Very nice, thanks for the link! Sucks there is no more NoVA meets. We might have to figure something out come spring time! :xyxthumbs: We will keep in touch!