PDA

View Full Version : What is your definition production work & high end work

Pureshine
02-16-2014, 01:22 PM
I just wanted to hear what everyones definition is.

Ted S.
02-16-2014, 01:27 PM
Production work is a quick wash and wax and wheels, maybe a quickie in the interior too.

High end is every accessible survace is cleaned, deconed, corrected if needed or wanted, and an LSP applied to protect some.

andrewbmw
02-16-2014, 01:29 PM
For me personally I have a system where clients pay by the hour for high end work, as soon as it switches from a set price to per hour, I consider that high end work. This corresponds with better polishes and waxes / sealants. For me personally, I don't think that high end work has anything to do with the car. I have restored old daily drivers to new and consider that high end work, just on a low end car =) Just a ideas =)

HateSwirls
02-16-2014, 02:23 PM
Almost if not all of the cars my customer bring me are in terrible shape so I'm always having to do a two step correction.

Consist of,

Wash
Clay
Some sanding in rare cases
Compound
Polish
Sealant, I never use a "Wax"
Polish and seal both headlights and taillights
Attention to wheels and tires
Interior shampoo
Leather care
Clean all glass inside and out then always put a good sealant on all outside glass

I read that some of you get request for engine cleaning , not once have one asked me, fine with me. Lol

I'd love to get a few one step jobs but just no luck in getting those for whatever reason, when I get a car I get it for a good reason:)