PDA

View Full Version : Micro fibers

Pages : [1] 2

bucky92
02-16-2014, 11:21 AM
Looking to purchase some good micro fibers for use with rinseless/ waterless washes for our 2 small cars... What/how many should I get??? Can't find a buyers guide anywhere for them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Just02896
02-16-2014, 11:47 AM
Supreme 530 Microfiber Towel 6 Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/mf-530-6.html)

Great towels. Maybe grab two packs for 12 total?

Photecs
02-28-2014, 01:03 PM
Great question... as I had the same less then a week ago. I'm still doing homework, but TIME IS TICKING AWAY! Literally... there is a sale going on for next 11 hours on AGO, check out this link:
Car Care Microfiber Towels, Microfiber dusters and microfiber Detailing tools (http://www.autogeek.net/mictow.html)

Here is the link to my thread, asking questions what towels are best for what... and the response from the one member was very helpful.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/auto-detailing-101/76786-microfibre-university.html

I'll keep an eye on your thread too... see what answers you get.
I personally have a few towels in my "wish list" that i'll be pulling the trigger on tonight.
Everyone seems to love the Cobra Gold Jr's, but they are out of Stock - this Grey towel that "Just02896" suggested is the next closest that has good reviews, so I have that saved... I'm getting a waffle weave "cobra" for drying, and a chinchilla for QD....

Rmd
02-28-2014, 01:20 PM
Chinchillas are excellent for rinse less wash if you're going to use the one bucket method. Have been using them for a long time this way. Better than anything else I have tried for this purpose (except microfiber madness).

Willy Wang
02-28-2014, 02:09 PM
go to theragcompany.com they have a 10 pack deal for $25. They are the WINTER SPECIAL DETAIL MASTER™ PRO Super Plush w/ Satin Edge 10Pk. They have a super long nap like the chinchillas, maybe longer, and are 500gsm. These are probably the best style towels for rinseless/waterless. And for $2.50 each they are a steal.

Photecs
02-28-2014, 02:32 PM
What about a comparible towel to the Cobra Gold Jr's, or something really good at wax removal?

CDot
02-28-2014, 04:07 PM
What about a comparible towel to the Cobra Gold Jr's, or something really good at wax removal?

Closest thing to the Gold Plush Jr's are the Super Soft Deluxe with Rolled Edges (Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels, microfiber detailing towels, buffing towels, micro fiber towel, detail cloth (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels.html)) either color. They are probably the best "all around value" towel you can get on AG.

Seriously consider the Super Plush or the Arctic Whites as well, I've never heard a single negative comment on either.

wdmaccord
02-28-2014, 04:13 PM

I believe the gold plush jrs are 360 gsm. Can find at other sites if they aren't available here. I recommend 530 gsm for rinseless washes. I don't do many waterless washes, but I would use at least 600 gsm if I was doing a WW. I have Hondas with soft paint, so I pretty much avoid WW on my personal vehicles.

cardaddy
03-01-2014, 02:01 PM
Shaggy dogs are decent rinseless, (as well as other duties). Their 530's from MFTech are EXTREMELY durable towels, and very affordable. Then of course there 360's are every bit the same towel as the "Jr's" and at a fraction of the cost.

If you want to do a rinseless wash you want a dozen or more towels. Throw that in your bucket of ONR (or whatever rinseless you use) then have a spray bottle of it (ONR) mixed to treat the vehicle before hand, as well as spray trouble areas.

Another towel is absolutely the stuff like Costco Kirkland golds. While not the best towel for all your paint, you can use them on glass, most bumpers, trim, grills, rocker panels, wheels etc. Just doesn't make sense to take a $3 towel and rub your rocker panels and wheels with it (when they are covered with muck).

MFTech will ship to Canada and they have great ladder pricing these days. With the 300 some odd towels coming next week, Dan is sending me some new samples next week too, can't wait to see those new ones! :D

wdmaccord
03-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Shaggy dogs are decent rinseless, (as well as other duties). Their 530's from MFTech are EXTREMELY durable towels, and very affordable. Then of course there 360's are every bit the same towel as the "Jr's" and at a fraction of the cost.

If you want to do a rinseless wash you want a dozen or more towels. Throw that in your bucket of ONR (or whatever rinseless you use) then have a spray bottle of it (ONR) mixed to treat the vehicle before hand, as well as spray trouble areas.

Another towel is absolutely the stuff like Costco Kirkland golds. While not the best towel for all your paint, you can use them on glass, most bumpers, trim, grills, rocker panels, wheels etc. Just doesn't make sense to take a $3 towel and rub your rocker panels and wheels with it (when they are covered with muck).

MFTech will ship to Canada and they have great ladder pricing these days. With the 300 some odd towels coming next week, Dan is sending me some new samples next week too, can't wait to see those new ones! :D

If he is sending you some of the new 600 gsm double split MF towels, you will love them! They are blue with red silk edging. Ian is who I talk to at MF Tech

fly07sti
03-01-2014, 04:04 PM
go to theragcompany.com they have a 10 pack deal for $25. They are the WINTER SPECIAL DETAIL MASTER™ PRO Super Plush w/ Satin Edge 10Pk. They have a super long nap like the chinchillas, maybe longer, and are 500gsm. These are probably the best style towels for rinseless/waterless. And for $2.50 each they are a steal.

+1, I have both the satin edge and the microfiber edge Pro Super Plush. For rinse less I prefer the MF edge. Another option is the Eagle edge less with are great, just a lil more expensive. Also their shipping is super fast.

cardaddy
03-01-2014, 07:09 PM
If he is sending you some of the new 600 gsm double split MF towels, you will love them! They are blue with red silk edging. Ian is who I talk to at MF Tech

I'm thinking they are sending the ones you're talking about.

I talk to Ian and Dan. Dan will usually give me a little better deal. (Like if I'm not buying a full case.) :D

The 365's (360's/Gold Plush Jr's) were 2 weeks late showing up, and were being held up at Customs when we spoke earlier this week. (The gold ones that is.)

Started to just get them in blue but everyone knows the 'look' of the "Gold Plush Jr" so I figured it'd be better to wait. Got 120 of them and 60 gray ones.

If the split 500's are that nice I'll probably end up with a case of those too. Dan said they are the same as "the other towels" (as in from that other place that we've been talking about). ;) And at probably 40%~50% less!

Oh oh oh!!!! They have a chemist working on a coating of their own now as well! :) Don't know when, but I'll get some sample/test bottles of those products once that comes down the pike. ;)

I have GOT to get to working on a website. Word of mouth has always been good and all, but NOBODY in the county is doing what we do, and that's business we could use. Plus I need a place to show all these microfiber towels, (and perhaps a cart to put them in). :dunno:

Customers always want them, and we have always put together packages with some QD or spray wax and a couple of towels. But you never know when other people might want some. Especially as I'm getting in a bigger selection than what I used to have. Obviously we won't be getting rich selling towels any time soon, but it is pretty darned easy to beat pricing from any detailing site. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AG Online

peter hurcos
03-01-2014, 10:37 PM
Quantity beats quality in this area in my opinion. I'd get the giant economy bag at the warehouse store. That's probably a little extreme, but make sure you have enough, and don't hesitate to skimp on quality to do it. [my opinion is probably an outlier].

Skimmer0220
03-02-2014, 09:00 AM
Closest thing to the Gold Plush Jr's are the Super Soft Deluxe with Rolled Edges (Super Soft Deluxe Blue Microfiber Towels, microfiber detailing towels, buffing towels, micro fiber towel, detail cloth (http://www.autogeek.net/super-soft-microfiber-towels.html)) either color. They are probably the best "all around value" towel you can get on AG.

Seriously consider the Super Plush or the Arctic Whites as well, I've never heard a single negative comment on either.

I'm not to impressed with these only one side is useable and if you accidentally use the other side your screwed

Sent from space through a satellite

Photecs
03-02-2014, 09:05 AM
I've read on other threads that members wouldn't go with another "rolled edge" towel... silk edge, or edgeless...