PDA

View Full Version : ONR or UWW as waterless wash?

nubaseal
02-16-2014, 07:15 AM
Is it just me or despite Optimum not positioning ONR as a waterless wash, it cleans better than UWW? I know they have something called Opti Clean marketed as a waterless wash but the dilution ratios don't compare to either ONR or UWW.

Having tried ONR and UWW several times as a waterless wash, I feel ONR cleans better while UWW leaves a slicker finish. However, people seem to prefer UWW for this job. Am I missing something? I think ONR does everything better - Rinseless, waterless, clay lube.

spiralout462
02-16-2014, 09:10 AM
Nothing performs better than UWW+ for waterless washing! It is the most versatile product in detailing! Not to mention very cost effective.

I have tried but can't replace either. They both have very important places in my arsenal.

Scott@IncrediblyDetailed
02-16-2014, 09:19 AM
Have you tried ONRWW?

nubaseal
02-16-2014, 10:08 AM
Have you tried ONRWW?

I haven't tried it as I figured it won't be as versatile as the original ONR, you know like for clay lube and waterless wash. Do you like it better?

cleanmycorolla
02-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Is it just me or despite Optimum not positioning ONR as a waterless wash, it cleans better than UWW? I know they have something called Opti Clean marketed as a waterless wash but the dilution ratios don't compare to either ONR or UWW.

Having tried ONR and UWW several times as a waterless wash, I feel ONR cleans better while UWW leaves a slicker finish. However, people seem to prefer UWW for this job. Am I missing something? I think ONR does everything better - Rinseless, waterless, clay lube.

How you came away with ONR being slicker than UWW is beyond me. IMO ONR is the worst waterless wash, and not the best Rinseless either. UWW is far superior in both areas.

But as we all say, whatever works for you, rock it.

dsg03gt
02-16-2014, 12:04 PM
How you came away with ONR being slicker than UWW is beyond me. IMO ONR is the worst waterless wash, and not the best Rinseless either. UWW is far superior in both areas.

He actually said UWW is slicker. Read it again.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

FUNX650
02-16-2014, 12:23 PM
To clarify:
Since you seem to have concluded that ONR does everything better than UWW---except to leave a slicker finish...

Then you must decide which is more important to you:
Cleaning power or slickness.

Bob

swanicyouth
02-16-2014, 12:26 PM

Agree.

But ONR is good to clean my iPad and apartment. Works good on glass - all at 1:16. I use it for clay lube and to wipe dust off a clean car as I wax it. It has a lot of light uses.

nubaseal
02-16-2014, 12:30 PM
Agree.

But ONR is good to clean my iPad and apartment. Works good on glass - all at 1:16. I use it for clay lube and to wipe dust off a clean car as I wax it. It has a lot of light uses.

I probably need to give UWW another chance then. Does it work as well as ONR as a pre wash soak?

cleanmycorolla
02-16-2014, 12:32 PM
Agree.

Stephen, look into a product called iKlear. It's any amazing polymer cleaner for electronics.

dooyaunastan
02-17-2014, 01:11 AM
I've always preferred UWW+ for waterless washing, has been much easier to dry and left significantly less residue/streaking.

Due to the price though, I like ONR for rinseless washes. I'v never had a problem drying it at those dilutions and never had a complaint about how the product performs in that respect.

SonOfOC
02-17-2014, 01:26 AM
ONR is amazing as a rinseless.
UWW+ is amazing as a waterless.

UWW+ also works very well as a rinseless, better than ONR as a waterless.

nubaseal
02-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Is it possible to just stick to UWW for all jobs then and not buy any ONR?

Also, while we are discussing these two; is UWW simply the best waterless wash out there? I heard Pinnacle launched one recently and CG has something called EcoSmart. I have to say I was blown by the cleaning power of CG Hose Free Eco Wash - their rinseless wash.

flatlinerz
02-17-2014, 10:19 AM
I've been using UWW+ as a rinseless wash