PDA

View Full Version : Offering specialized services

rolop6
02-15-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm just wondering how many offer certain specialized services, besides the typical detailing services. Ex:Window tint, wheel curb rash repair, vynil repair, leather seat repair, scotch guarding, etc...

VP Mark
02-15-2014, 09:16 PM
In my personal opinion, unless you run a shop with multiple employees it is just too hard to get excellent at providing services like that when you primarily detail.

I offer odor removal(using DrivePur), Opti-Coat, and paint correction. That way everything extra I offer besides detail packages is really just an offshoot of what I already do.

This way I can still keep the quality high and not have to spend a lot of money on training and equipment on stuff I don't really specialize in.

rolop6
02-15-2014, 10:24 PM
In my personal opinion, unless you run a shop with multiple employees it is just too hard to get excellent at providing services like that when you primarily detail.

I offer odor removal(using DrivePur), Opti-Coat, and paint correction. That way everything extra I offer besides detail packages is really just an offshoot of what I already do.

This way I can still keep the quality high and not have to spend a lot of money on training and equipment on stuff I don't really specialize in.

I've heard of this DrivePur, how do you apply it. I didn't find it on auto geek for purchase.

TundraPower
02-15-2014, 10:34 PM
I'm just wondering how many offer certain specialized services, besides the typical detailing services. Ex:Window tint, wheel curb rash repair, vynil repair, leather seat repair, scotch guarding, etc...

There is a ton of money in leather work if you really know what you're doing. The others not so much :xyxthumbs: