PDA

View Full Version : White Chocolate melted into leather car seat - how to properly deal with it

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
02-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Friend has a 2012 Kia Optumia with tan leather interior. Her son put some white chocolate between his legs and it melted on the seat. Apparently he sat on it for 4 hours after it melted. I have Chemical Guys leather cleaner and conditioner which I bought off here last year. The melting happened Sunday and I'm not going to be able to see her until either the 21 or 22nd. This is So Cal and it's been pretty hot lately. My question is, what should I tell her to do here? And will 80 degree days sitting in the heat all day make this require equipment I don't have?

I know White Chocolate's not chocolate and Googling this I didn't find anything that made me comfortable to tackle this for her without some help from some experts.

SYMAWD
02-14-2014, 11:53 AM
The leather cleaner should take care of it. Now I should know because I have an Optima, but I'm pretty sure the rear seats have perforated leather which might make it a little more difficult.

JWilliams.RadiantDetail
02-14-2014, 12:03 PM
The leather cleaner should take care of it. Now I should know because I have an Optima, but I'm pretty sure the rear seats have perforated leather which might make it a little more difficult.

thanks for the reply, this was the front seat, I don't know if that matters or not. But I'll tackle it with my CG stuff and a microfiber sponge and hope for the best.

cleanmycorolla
02-14-2014, 01:06 PM
Use ice or canned air to freeze it, chip it off, then clean off the remainder. Thats what I did way back.

Matt Jones
02-14-2014, 02:07 PM
I would let my dog lick it until it was almost all gone, and then try some leather cleaner/conditioner.

JSou
02-14-2014, 02:39 PM
Use ice or canned air to freeze it, chip it off, then clean off the remainder. Thats what I did way back.

That's a cool trick.

Pureshine
02-14-2014, 05:54 PM
1z deep plastic cleaner will work to or steam is great for this.

primo spaghetti
02-14-2014, 08:00 PM
I would let my dog lick it until it was almost all gone, and then try some leather cleaner/conditioner.

lol..not a bad idea!

hamlyn
02-14-2014, 09:15 PM
I am not sure how much chocolate there is in white chocolate; however, you should never give chocolate to dogs as it is toxic to them.