PDA

View Full Version : Menerza 2500?

Bicycle
02-13-2014, 01:37 PM
Been using the Meg guys but I got a bottle of 2500. Is it considered a SMAT or DAT? Just wondering if you prime pad when you first begin polishing or just add the polish then add a mist of detail spray and begin.
And BTW, I need to polish out some plexiglass. Any suggestions on that; I have a 3401
Thanks.

zmcgovern45
02-13-2014, 02:11 PM
PF2500 is a DAT product. Prime pad and add working product as you would with any other product.

Tato
02-13-2014, 02:58 PM
Great product, maybe trick for the first try, but once you get the feel for it you'll use it often. That said, don't give up on first try if not occurring like you expected.

Just like me (used and still use Meg's SMAT), you'll need to work a bit different, mainly for some 2 or 3 more passes at least then you're adapted, but that can vary for sure (for more or for less). I like Menzerna even more everytime I use it, and use it better.

Fact is, having you the function to 'diminish the abrasives' while working out, some like using more pressure on first passes, then releasing pressure and/or speed. I've worked both ways (constant pressure and speed, and releasing), and I'm always trying to adapt technique based on vehicle paint and finish desired.

You may prime or not the pad, just be aware that Menzerna are more sensible to 'product overuse' than others I've tried. Also, Clean the pad often.

I've also read that it may be important to spread the product over entire area in less passes possible (maybe 1 is optimal), then you may 'crank up on speed' and slowly move the machine with pressure to work the abrasives optimally. This so you can work full abrasives on every area you'll be working equally.

Again, everything may vary based on what you're working with, I prefer to use PF2500 on white polishing pads, then if I need to step up I generally go for FG400 on the same polishing pad. Nothing keeps you away from trying to step up pads, do your own and find what suits.

If I could share one tip, I would say that I've learned most Menzerna polishes will start turning 'transparent' (but also glossy) in the first few passes (3-5) if you are working product the right way. If product start drying and gumming,

Maybe you're using too much product;

Maybe you are not working adequately, neither using right pressure / speed, or not moving the polisher at optimum speed for that task.

Please, I'm sorry for trying to explain in english some simple but elaborated concepts (I'm brazilian).

If you have any question regarding what I've wrote, please, do not hesitate to ask, agree or disagree. I'm also here to learn.

Thank you in advance,

Kind Regards.

zmcgovern45
02-13-2014, 04:04 PM
I've also read that it may be important to spread the product over entire area in less passes possible (maybe 1 is optimal), then you may 'crank up on speed' and slowly move the machine with pressure to work the abrasives optimally. This so you can work full abrasives on every area you'll be working equally.

You mentioned that you need to spread the product out before using it so you have uniform cutting power...

In this video, I am using Menzerna PF2500 on an orange LC Light Cutting Pad with the Rupes LHR21ES as a one-step correction on an Alpine White 335i (CLICK HERE to see the full write up (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/67614-finally-different-color-bmw-work-e90-335i-alpine-white-paint-correction.html)). My way of doing this is to simply dab the product on my working area, then begin polishing. You will also notice the product start to turn translucent as it is worked.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzWOFJH2ZEA&list=TLe8Aifje6y9Qxg1RqKUuMh9kcylQwx4ud]Paint Correction BMW 335i - Rupes LHR21ES - Menzerna PF2500 - YouTube[/video]
*Note: Video annotations do not appear correctly on my embedded videos, view them on the YouTube site to read the proper annotations.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-13-2014, 04:18 PM
You mentioned that you need to spread the product out before using it so you have uniform cutting power...

In this video, I am using Menzerna PF2500 on an orange LC Light Cutting Pad with the Rupes LHR21ES as a one-step correction on an Alpine White 335i (CLICK HERE to see the full write up (http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/show-n-shine/67614-finally-different-color-bmw-work-e90-335i-alpine-white-paint-correction.html)). My way of doing this is to simply dab the product on my working area, then begin polishing. You will also notice the product start to turn translucent as it is worked.

Paint Correction BMW 335i - Rupes LHR21ES - Menzerna PF2500 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzWOFJH2ZEA&list=TLe8Aifje6y9Qxg1RqKUuMh9kcylQwx4ud)
*Note: Video annotations do not appear correctly on my embedded videos, view them on the YouTube site to read the proper annotations.
Great video, Zach!

Non-rupes pads sure like to jump around! Rupes pads are way smoother, IMO.

zmcgovern45
02-13-2014, 04:24 PM
Great video, Zach!

Non-rupes pads sure like to jump around! Rupes pads are way smoother, IMO.

Hasn't ever bothered me... I've got too many pads to want to buy the Rupes ones (though I just ordered a couple 6" MF cutting pads as I was curious how they compared to the performance of the Meg's MF cutting pads). Maybe I'll pick some Rupes Foam pads up eventually.

WRAPT C5Z06
02-13-2014, 04:30 PM
Hasn't ever bothered me... I've got too many pads to want to buy the Rupes ones (though I just ordered a couple 6" MF cutting pads as I was curious how they compared to the performance of the Meg's MF cutting pads). Maybe I'll pick some Rupes Foam pads up eventually.

Don't get me wrong, other pads do the job, obviously. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tato
02-13-2014, 04:37 PM
Wonderful Video, also liked your polisher and style.

'I'll dab' next time I use those products, great presentation.

Kind Regards.