PDA

View Full Version : Trim and Tire dressing

Pages : [1] 2

zacetzel
02-12-2014, 10:32 PM
I am looking for a trim and tire dressing that gives a medium shine but will actually soak in and after time restore, i have found this currently in meguiars vinyl and rubber cleaner/conditioner i use it on tires and trim and i love it i does everything perfect but it is pretty expensive, i am looking for something purchase by the gallon preferably dilluteable i am currently thinking about about meguiars hyper dressing, but wanted to get a second opinion. somethig less than 40 dollars because that is what the meguiars vinyl cleaner and hyper dressing cost is around but the hyper dressing is dilluteable so idk just getting opinins, so light it up detailersFeed back please

hernandez.art13
02-12-2014, 10:49 PM
I am currently running a small test/experiment. Between Optimum Opti Bond Tire Gel. CarPro PERL, Chemical Guys VRP and Meguiar's Detailers Tire and Trim.

From what I saw. I'd pick Chemical Guys VRP and I believe it can be diluted. I'll add this it has a nice shine look to it and it does dry to the touch.

They all look nice, however my determining factor will be which one last longest.

I plan on making a video out of the pictures I have and will take. So more on that later :D

http://www.autogeek.net/vrp-dressing-gallon.html

I still want to get and try the Ultima line though.

Also none of them sling-ed.

custmsprty
02-12-2014, 10:57 PM
Wolfs' Black Out on bogo and the silk dressing too, both are great products and you get bogo!

hernandez.art13
02-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Oh sorry I missed the trim part. I am not sure if the products I mentioned can be applied on trim.

HD.Detailing
02-12-2014, 11:39 PM
You can use 303 for both. Hard to beat zainos tire protectant and optimum tire IMO fir tires

Sent from my Alien ship

zacetzel
02-12-2014, 11:45 PM
You can use 303 for both. Hard to beat zainos tire protectant and optimum tire IMO fir tires

Sent from my Alien ship

303 what?

custmsprty
02-12-2014, 11:48 PM
hard to beat a bogo that you'd receive 2 liters of product for the price of one :dblthumb2:

HD.Detailing
02-12-2014, 11:49 PM
303 what?

Aerospace 303 protectant

Sent from my Alien ship

Desertnate
02-13-2014, 08:57 AM
I love 303 and use it on interior and exterior. However, on the exterior it never seems to survive the first rain and only lasts a couple of weeks.

Based on reviews I've been reading, I think I'm going to give Duragloss 271 a try on my external trim and 253 on my tires this summer.

Dr_Pain
02-13-2014, 09:01 AM
I personally like UTTG (Ultima Tire and Trim Guard) for temporary and CQuartz DLUX for more permanent.

Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus, tire & trim protectant, tire dressing, rubber protectant (http://www.autogeek.net/ultima-tire-trim-guard.html)

CQuartz DLux Plastic & Wheel Coating (http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-dlux.html)

KillaCam
02-13-2014, 11:38 AM
I love 303 and use it on interior and exterior. However, on the exterior it never seems to survive the first rain and only lasts a couple of weeks.

Based on reviews I've been reading, I think I'm going to give Duragloss 271 a try on my external trim and 253 on my tires this summer.

Can't go wrong with either of those. 271 is one of my favorites for trim and 253 is my favorite for tires.

mg6045
02-17-2014, 09:21 AM
I can make a list of products that would fit the bill, but you added the word dilute. If that is a must then really only one product fits the category.

That is Carpro PERL. Its the only product that you can dilute down a lot that will hold up to exterior trim without either evaporating off or being washed off by rain and carwash's. It also looks really natural and you can keep adding and adding to the same trim without needing to strip it off everytime (waterbased).

CarPro PERL Coat Plastic & Rubber Protectant 5 Liter Refill (http://www.autogeek.net/carpro-perl.html)

mg6045
02-17-2014, 09:24 AM
Can't go wrong with either of those. 271 is one of my favorites for trim and 253 is my favorite for tires.

#253 is a great product. I do agree !

I never tried #271 but i'm seeing its solvent based. Is it greasy/patchy or does it soak in easily and dry looking natural ?

Pureshine
02-17-2014, 11:07 AM
My new go to trim product is Sonax trim restore. Very easy to use only need a little at a time and no greasy feeling.

KillaCam
02-17-2014, 12:51 PM
#253 is a great product. I do agree !

I never tried #271 but i'm seeing its solvent based. Is it greasy/patchy or does it soak in easily and dry looking natural ?

It soaks in well and appears glossy at first but if you wipe away the excess with a microfiber it leaves a very nice finish.