PDA

View Full Version : Leather Cleaning

Ao1051
02-12-2014, 08:47 PM
So Im having some problems when im cleaning leather. It seems as im not getting Great results... I use CG Leather cleaner and Leather conditioner... and im not getting the EYE popping results... I dilute it around 6:1 .. which is what they state... then i spray it on... let it sit for about 10 seconds... hit it with a brush... to aggitate and get in the crevices... then wipe of about 15 seconds after that... and seat looks maybe 1 percent better... any one have any other tips or tricks or perhaps a better leather cleaner/conditioner?

Thanks!

TheDetailGeeks
02-12-2014, 08:52 PM
The CG Extreme Leather Cleaner is a good cleaner. I use it, and it's great at loosening crud in the cracks and crevices. Wipes off clean as well, no need to use a damp towel to remove it.

The CG conditioner leaves something to be desired... too shiny for my liking. Try finding something that finishes matte.

Ao1051
02-12-2014, 09:00 PM
The CG Extreme Leather Cleaner is a good cleaner. I use it, and it's great at loosening crud in the cracks and crevices. Wipes off clean as well, no need to use a damp towel to remove it.

The CG conditioner leaves something to be desired... too shiny for my liking. Try finding something that finishes matte.

Like i see alot of light colored leather seats that have black cracks... and usually when i use the brush on them it kinda helps... but doesnt really get rid of the JEAN STAINS... ya know what im talking about... the jean dye transfer... dont know how to make the blue seats tan again.

jamesboyy
02-12-2014, 09:03 PM
Sorry for butting in but to remove the jean transfer use a product like Leather Master Dye Transfer Cleaner to get rid of jean transfer

Bill1234
02-12-2014, 09:05 PM
What I do is spray a small amount of cleaner and lather it up so that the dirt sits in the chemical and then wipe away just as you said. However, I use the mothers stiff bristle brush which works well

Ao1051
02-12-2014, 09:08 PM
Sorry for butting in but to remove the jean transfer use a product like Leather Master Dye Transfer Cleaner to get rid of jean transfer

Thanks!... I appreciate it... any techniques to offer on cleaning leather?

jamesboyy
02-12-2014, 09:20 PM
When I clean leather I will spray a few spray's on a microfiber towel then wipe the seat thoroughly, if I am not happy then I will take use a steam cleaner, and while the seat is still warm I will spray some cleaner in a brush and clean the seat again, and wipe away the foamy lather aka dirt then after drying I will condition the whole seat let it soak in for five or ten mins then wipe away whatever excess if any

CarolinasFinestDetailing
02-12-2014, 09:37 PM
What do you mean by brush? What type of brush are you using? Also, have you used steam?

Ao1051
02-12-2014, 10:19 PM
What do you mean by brush? What type of brush are you using? Also, have you used steam?

What I mean by brush is a yellow bristle uphostry brush that attaches to a drill. I also have a small camel hair brush that looks like a tooth brush that I use for more concentrated areas