PDA

View Full Version : Polish Recommendations

Pages : [1] 2

Reddwarf
07-07-2007, 11:48 AM
My arsenal has diminished. I did have a few products I liked:

Poorboy’s SSR1, SSR 2.5 & SSR 3. (I never got to try the 3)

I do have: XMT 3, 2, and Glaze. I’ve not tried any yet.

I’m about to place a BIG AG order and thought I should grab a heavy duty polish akin to the SSR 3. Anyone have a recommendation? Should I try the something for the new Menzerma line?

pirex
07-07-2007, 11:50 AM
I would go for menzerna PO 106FF ;) Its great! I have soon used a bottle! Love it, just love it!

alban61
07-07-2007, 11:56 AM
I agree with Pirex. Get Menzerna PO106FF and also the Super Intensive Polish.

Nica
07-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Yup, I agree with pirex and alban61. Menzerna is top notch product and it totally lives up to there reputation.

D
07-07-2007, 01:06 PM
Another vote for Menzerna 106FF and SIP!!!!!!!!

joe.p
07-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Another vote for Menz !!!

wytstang
07-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Optimum if you are working in the sun/hot surface. From the research I've done Menz is not too sun/hot surface friendly.

Surfer
07-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Menzerna and Optimum are tops, Optimum is more friendly especially if your out in the sun or its really hot/humid out. I would also order the Menzerna Glaze, didn't care for XMT Glaze.

supercharged
07-07-2007, 01:54 PM
Optimum if you are working in the sun/hot surface. From the research I've done Menz is not too sun/hot surface friendly.
:iagree: Optimum works well on hot surface (even on black) and is a grat bang for the buck.
But Menzerna PO106FF is a must for any detailers arsenal. It finishes down so well, it almost glazes your finish. It's After all it's for you Jaguar, not some old Ford Tempo. I would also get menzerna Super Intensive polish.
Another great all around polish is Pinnacle XMT 360. Works well in a sun, dust free, it literally vanishes when you work it in with PC.

Reddwarf
07-07-2007, 02:20 PM
When you say Optimum do you mean the Optimum Polish (http://www.autogeek.net/opt400.html) at $16.99?

I have to say, that I had not paid any attention to the Menzerma products other than reading posts. Now I looked at the line and oh my is it expensive!

wytstang
07-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Yes Optimum Polish and Compound are both user friendly and sun friendly. I liked them way better then PB SSR line.

HAN
07-07-2007, 05:23 PM
I like optimum polish for rotary work because of the long working time, but I prefer the SSR's on the PC. For me, it just takes too long to break down the Optimum stuff on the PC, the poorboys SSR's does its job just fine, buts dusts a little. If price is no object, Menzerna is the way to go. We just did my buddys Honda S2000 and used PO106FF and it came out AMAZING, it finishes down so nicely and pretty quickly, even by PC.

Pete

gamster
07-07-2007, 07:45 PM
Reddwarf,
Is your Jaguar British Racing Green or
Anthracite black? Only asking since I to have same year/4.2.
Gary

D
07-07-2007, 08:04 PM
Menzerna works fast even with the PC. My experience is limited to only using it on hard clears (2 BMW's) since I just got it the other day. But keep checking your work, once its corrected, just buff the polish off. You dont NEED to wait for it to break down, it wont cause marring. REMEMBER, this is specific to hard clears. I dont have any experience using it on medium- soft clears, yet.

Ive got the entire line of XMT, OP Polish and Compound, AND Menzerna 106FF and SIP. I have yet to use the OP. I think I might hold off on that until I get the rotary and some soft- med clear. I also dont see myself going to grab the XMT polish any time soon, unless its 360!

sparkie
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
Reddwarf, I will be doing a truck tomorrow after church. It has some bad water spots, going to try some Menzs and a few more things I got the first of the week from AG.. I am planning on doing a review. Just look for it tomorrow night.