View Full Version : Maintain my finish

Dan_335i
02-11-2014, 09:38 PM
ok lets say my car has no swirls so i just
wash
clay
WG finishing glaze with white CCS pad
seal it with sonax polymer net shield

after about a month how can i maintain my finish?
i wash with p/h neutral shampoo with foam gun
dry and then what other products can i use to maintain the shine?

Rsurfer
02-11-2014, 09:42 PM
ok lets say my car has no swirls so i just
wash
clay
WG finishing glaze with white CCS pad
seal it with sonax polymer net shield

after about a month how can i maintain my finish?
i wash with p/h neutral shampoo with foam gun
dry and then what other products can i use to maintain the shine?

Use a spray wax or sealant to maintain. Optimum Car Wax is nice and easy to use.

Dan_335i
02-13-2014, 09:36 PM
Use a spray wax or sealant to maintain. Optimum Car Wax is nice and easy to use.
if my car has no swirls should i use WG finish glaze to give it that deep gloss look or should i use WG paintwork polish enhancer? then after i seal it with paint sealant

websdown
02-14-2014, 01:08 AM
After I take it out and I come back. I give it a good wet towel weight of towel no down force wipe . Then I use Ultima Waterless Wash Concentrate + to get water spots and any brake dust /pollen or any other junk not picked up from wet towel. Then I use Polar fleece and Flannel bed sheets next to paint before the cover goes on. I think that is the biggest thing is to keep covers from being pull across paint. and by far the best product I have used UWWC+. No swirls in Black Z in 2 yrs take it for what it's worth. But it has worked for me. OH and don't use a California Duster or one of those silicone squeegee on your paint surface!! Window's only!!

HateSwirls
02-14-2014, 06:48 AM
if my car has no swirls should i use WG finish glaze to give it that deep gloss look or should i use WG paintwork polish enhancer? then after i seal it with paint sealant

I own a black car and I understand what your asking.
Just a few days ago I received a 32oz bottle of Optimum Finish Polish and a set of Lake Country Flat pads.
The Polish has little to no cut and the black pad has no cut at all.

I'm one of those guys that doesn't worry if my lsp will last a year because of the color of the car, it shows everything.
However I do want a sealant that protects the paint, I use Wolfgang Glossy Paint Sealant and DP Poly Opti-Coat Paint Sealant.
Anyway each time I want to apply one of the sealants I want to first polish but not use anything harsh, just a light polish to keep it looking dark black.

It's important to maintain in between though, I use DP Rinse-Less Wash and Gloss and Chemical Guys P-40 to remove any contaminets as soon as I get them.
I really keep the car clean:dblthumb2:

ShaunD
02-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Why would you use just a wet towel and then use UWW? Why not use a towel soaked in UWW and do a rinseless or waterless wash?
For OP, how old is the paint? If you don't see swirls to remove then a paint cleaner is fine. However, Wolfgang's has some fillers, so they may not be compatible with Net Shield. As for maintaining and detailing efforts, the least amount of touching and chemicals is the best practice for mitigating swirls and deteriorating an LSP. That said, you still need to keep it clean to prolong the finish/lsp. So weekly waterless or rinseless washes are way to go, with the occasions of needing to rinse heavy dirt and debris off, and cleaning wheels/tires/wells.

BobbyG
02-14-2014, 07:11 AM

:iagree:

It really doesn't get much simpler than what Ron's suggested above... :dblthumb2:

KBsToy
02-14-2014, 08:26 AM
CG`s V7 or Optimum Spray gloss enchancer

WillWashesCars
02-14-2014, 11:08 AM
Definitely just top it with a spray wax every so often after you wash. I also recommend throwing in a little bit of ONR into your rinse bucket. Always seemed to add the extra level of lubrication I needed to prevent swirling on maintenance jobs.

Willy Wang
02-14-2014, 11:54 AM
I just love how hydrophobic Sonax products are. Dry your car with a spritz of Sonax high speed wax per panel or per half panel.

zmcgovern45
02-14-2014, 12:08 PM
Simply use CarPro HydrO2 after your wash to add an additional layer of protection and enhance gloss. Then blow dry with the master blaster and you will have an excellent looking car!

Or, since you are already using SPNS, pickup some Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer to apply after washing.

Rsurfer
02-14-2014, 01:48 PM

The latter..FG has abrasives that you don't need.