PDA

View Full Version : How does he do it???

Pages : [1] 2 3

runrun411
02-11-2014, 03:47 PM
I just saw Mike's thread on high quality production detailing whereas he did a Chevy Tahoe in 4 hours and 5 minutes. :eek:

How on earth does he do it? If I were doing that job it would have taken me a couple of days and that's just an AIO. Those of you who are able to do such nice details in just a few short hours please tell me where can I buy the magic wand. I don't see it on AG's website.
Im the MANIm the MANIm the MAN

Dr_Pain
02-11-2014, 03:51 PM
I am definitely subbing to hear the responses. I am with you... How on earth can you wash, clay, polish and protect a Tahoe in 4hrs!?!?!

Dr_Pain
02-11-2014, 03:54 PM
Do you think Mike rigged up two Flex and created a super cyclo? That would be the only way he could 1/2 the polishing time... or at least 1/2 the polishing it would take me to take care of that big ol' truck

BrianMcLeod
02-11-2014, 03:55 PM
I want to know too! How long does it take y'all just to wash a car and clean the rims? Any short cuts without cutting the quality of your work

10secdream
02-11-2014, 03:57 PM
Maybe Mike has 4 arms....

BayAreaTech
02-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Took me 5 hrs yesterday to do an AIO to a Chevy truck yesterday with the help of my GF... the norm for me is 4.5hrs for small cars, SUVs usually take me 7hrs

02-11-2014, 04:07 PM
That would have taken me at least 10-12 hrs

Just02896
02-11-2014, 04:35 PM
I could have two stepped and opticoated that Tahoe in 4 hrs! :-/ lol!

zmanjohn
02-11-2014, 04:44 PM
:iagree:I hear you you all there. I am wondering if he didn't go in the offices and kick everyone out in the shop to help him with that job. I know he would not lie to all the guys here.
All I can say about Mike's work is: :applause::awesome::awesome::awesome:

With his years of experience and knowledge, hes got to have some tricks.

KS_Detailing
02-11-2014, 04:47 PM
I'm sure with the amount of resources within arms reach of Mike, he doesn't even need to stop to clean a pad if he doesnt want to. He can just keep grabbing an infinite amount of clean pads

VP Mark
02-11-2014, 04:49 PM
I come from a production background and can vouch that Mikes times are more than doable. It requires a lot of hustle and the ability to pursue the results the client is paying for, not the results you are striving for. I've done AIO jobs on cars before in 1-3 hour times and while there usually isn't great correction the difference in gloss and appearance is day and night.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AG Online

Just02896
02-11-2014, 04:50 PM
:iagree:I hear you you all there. I am wondering if he didn't go in the offices and kick everyone out in the shop to help him with that job. I know he would not lie to all the guys here.
All I can say about Mike's work is: :applause::awesome::awesome::awesome:

With his years of experience and knowledge, hes got to have some tricks.

I was only joking! There's no way I could have done any more for that vehicle than Mike did in 4hrs! He already admitted that he wasn't shooting for perfection anyway especially given the fact that he had limited time with the Tahoe. With that being said, the truck still saw a huge improvement in clarity and gloss!

Klasse Act
02-11-2014, 04:51 PM
Maybe the Rupes belt had something to do with it, LOL!

Sent from my SPH-M930 using AG Online

zmanjohn
02-11-2014, 04:56 PM
I was only joking! There's no way I could have done any more for that vehicle than Mike did in 4hrs! He already admitted that he wasn't shooting for perfection anyway especially given the fact that he had limited time with the Tahoe. With that being said, the truck still saw a huge improvement in clarity and gloss!

Again, just having fun with it. Everytime I read Mike's articles and what is he is doing and done I admire the guy more.
I am more of a hobbiest, but I have done work for others. I just wish I could be 1/3 as good as most of you guys here. For me its a three day deal to do the wifes Honda mini-van, only to give it back to her and have her and kids trash it in two days then find out that daughter dragged her back pack down the side to add more scuffs, frustrating.
Mike is like a machine though, one of the best.

hernandez.art13
02-11-2014, 05:13 PM
I had to wet sand, buff, polish a whole front end. Both Fenders, hood, and take off dirts of the bumper.

I was expected to do it before lunch too :laughing: it was done too so it can be done :D

Of course body shop standards and true detailing standards are different.

:)

If the SoCal AutoGeek Meet up, I plan on compounding, polishing, possibly jeweling. From 9-5, hoping the other members that do attend can contribute to getting the job done too. If not then I'll keep going until the job gets done :xyxthumbs: plus I live there too so that helps.

I really want to Opti Coat the car, I've done it before. It did take me 3 days though, but I'll talk to him about that option later.