PDA

View Full Version : Break Nanoskin Clay On Glass, What It Means

irsankao
02-11-2014, 01:08 PM
I wanted to try nanokin clay but I don't understand why it says first you must break it on the glass.

What does it mean? Do I have to "break" it on glass everytime I start claying with nanoskin?

mjd91
02-11-2014, 01:12 PM
I just read about them a while back.
If I remember correctly, it is shipped with a protective coating on it.
Rubbing it on the glass with remove this coating allowing it to remove contaminants from the paint correctly.
I'm pretty sure this only needs to be done to a brand new one, not every time you use it.

Just02896
02-11-2014, 01:14 PM
I just read about them a while back.
If I remember correctly, it is shipped with a protective coating on it.
Rubbing it on the glass with remove this coating allowing it to remove contaminants from the paint correctly.
I'm pretty sure this only needs to be done to a brand new one, not every time you use it.

:dblthumb2:

irsankao
02-11-2014, 01:29 PM
Wow, that was fast.
Thanks for the quick reply!

There are so many nanoskin clay forms to choose from; pads, block, mitt, towel, and handy towel. I am still confused which to choose from.

Which of these do you guys recommend to start with?

Detailing by M
02-11-2014, 01:33 PM
They have a protective coating on them. If you don't remove it you'll scratch up your paint.

This is why you need to read directions on everything

cleanmycorolla
02-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Wow, that was fast.
Thanks for the quick reply!

There are so many nanoskin clay forms to choose from; pads, block, mitt, towel, and handy towel. I am still confused which to choose from.

Which of these do you guys recommend to start with?

I use these, others like the towel!

Nanoskin Autoscrub Speedy Prep Sponge Combo Pack (http://www.autogeek.net/nanoskin-speedy-prep-sponge-combo.html)

Zelfiris
02-11-2014, 01:47 PM
I just ordered the towel last night.

Downside to the towel is the price, but I chose it because you can fold the towel into fours to give more cushioning on your hand (not that you should be putting any pressure at all) + it can reach areas such as between the door handles where the sponge cannot reach well.

If I had gotten the sponge and saved the extra money, I would use clay bar for areas not reachable