PDA

View Full Version : Opps

Surfer
07-07-2007, 11:04 AM
Busted the door on my truck, went to open it and somehow something got caught and I open it like normal, with that pressure it broke the actuators and whatever gear inside b/c I heard "crack, ping, ping" sound as the piece dropped. Lovely Ford tried to make everything connected as one piece so when something breaks you have to replace everything, had to get a new door handle as well b/c of the way it connects and it'll be painted/cleared to install on Monday. Only 140 bucks total though, stealership wanted, ummmm....way more.

Gotta love manufacturers and their bean counters, yeh lets make this whole thing basically one piece so when a little thing breaks they have to replace the whole thing.

Nica
07-07-2007, 11:17 AM
Yea, I know what you mean. A few friends of mine at work have had the same issue as you. Very interesting isn't it, it's almost like saying "job security" ;)

joe.p
07-07-2007, 12:13 PM
That suks to hear..

The computer now this...sounds like you have had your share of hard times the last couple of months

sparkie
07-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Dang Surfer, it's 7/7/07, I thought it was the good luck day....Sorry about your ride... Sound like its time to move up to a big Diesel truck...:D

Surfer
07-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Dang Surfer, it's 7/7/07, I thought it was the good luck day....Sorry about your ride... Sound like its time to move up to a big Diesel truck...:DI'd kill for a diesel truck if community allowed it, love Ford trucks, but I'm in love with my buddies new Mega Cab Cummins, he had one of the 1st on the market before most dealers even had them (they used to own a large Daimler dealership so still have connections). The 6.7 Cummins rocks especially with the 6 speed auto (the 5.9 Cummins and 4 speed auto before was a horrible combo). He had an issue with teh cat or something that clogged up and parts weren't in yet since the truck was pretty much unavailable still, one of the Daimler execs had parts sent straight from a factory to the dealer lol) The truck drives so nice for a heavy duty and massive space inside. Love the interior of the new GM's but hate the body style, and the new Ford ehhh don't trust that 6.4 PS after all the issues the 6.0 had, I'd get an 06' 6.0 PS before an 07/08 lol.

Buddies Mega Cab when he was down:
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/Surfer-Chris/DSC03024.jpg

bambo2888
07-07-2007, 05:39 PM
just go for the SRT, a real truck...

Surfer
07-07-2007, 05:45 PM
just go for the SRT, a real truck...That you can't tow with lol, already have Viper. Cummins equals massive power when tuned and gas mileage better then some cars. Friends 03' used to get about 24 highway at 75 with his mods, 24 mpg plus big ass tank equals long cruising range on the highway lol.

sparkie
07-07-2007, 08:49 PM
I'd kill for a diesel truck if community allowed it, love Ford trucks, but I'm in love with my buddies new Mega Cab Cummins, he had one of the 1st on the market before most dealers even had them (they used to own a large Daimler dealership so still have connections). The 6.7 Cummins rocks especially with the 6 speed auto (the 5.9 Cummins and 4 speed auto before was a horrible combo). He had an issue with teh cat or something that clogged up and parts weren't in yet since the truck was pretty much unavailable still, one of the Daimler execs had parts sent straight from a factory to the dealer lol) The truck drives so nice for a heavy duty and massive space inside. Love the interior of the new GM's but hate the body style, and the new Ford ehhh don't trust that 6.4 PS after all the issues the 6.0 had, I'd get an 06' 6.0 PS before an 07/08 lol.

Buddies Mega Cab when he was down:
http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r273/Surfer-Chris/DSC03024.jpg
Nice truck, so when are you going to detail that thing?
What's up with your community? Why is it not allowed?:confused:

Surfer
07-08-2007, 11:23 AM
Nice truck, so when are you going to detail that thing?
What's up with your community? Why is it not allowed?:confused:Gated Community, HOA's down here don't allow pickups if its a gated community.

sparkie
07-08-2007, 03:21 PM
Gated Community, HOA's down here don't allow pickups if its a gated community.
Just put a cover on the back and call it a SUV:D

Surfer
07-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Just put a cover on the back and call it a SUV:DBelieve it or not I always wondered if that would work...but HOA people aren't stupid, they can tell an suv from an canopy attached to a pickup lol. Wonder if I put like a bench seat back there though and said its an suv....hmmmm