PDA

View Full Version : Non abrasive stovetop pads for detailing

Dave Medvic
02-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Just wanted to see if any of you thought of this and use them already. Last season I had some vehicles with bad brake dust baked in that only half responded to using Wolfgang's Uber wheel cleaner. So I experimented with using the yellow non scratch stove cleaning pads along with some Uber wheel cleaner, it seemed to work very well and no scratches left on the rims.

jamesboyy
02-10-2014, 11:57 AM
IMO I think it's an alright method to use especially since on your
Car, and it left no scratches or anything but if it was a customer's vehicle then I will inform them that I would need to use a more abrasive method to get there wheel's in near perfect condition.

tuscarora dave
02-10-2014, 12:59 PM
Just wanted to see if any of you thought of this and use them already. Last season I had some vehicles with bad brake dust baked in that only half responded to using Wolfgang's Uber wheel cleaner. So I experimented with using the yellow non scratch stove cleaning pads along with some Uber wheel cleaner, it seemed to work very well and no scratches left on the rims.
What are they? How much do they cost? Have a link or a specific product name?

I will inform them that I would need to use a more abrasive method to get there wheel's in near perfect condition.

They don't care how it gets done, so long as it gets done without damaging anything. 99.9% won't understand anything about abrasives talk. I guess if it was gonna cost more...then they'd care to know why... Just thinking out loud is all....

Dave Medvic
02-10-2014, 02:16 PM
What are they? How much do they cost? Have a link or a specific product name?

They don't care how it gets done, so long as it gets done without damaging anything. 99.9% won't understand anything about abrasives talk. I guess if it was gonna cost more...then they'd care to know why... Just thinking out loud is all....

Hey Dave,
It's those scrubbing pads you use on the new style glass cooktop stoves. I was disgusted one day after a job because I knew I could do a better job on the customer's wheels. They were happy but I wasn't, then I thought about when I scrub our glass top stove and if it won't scratch that surface, I may be able to use it with cleaner on most rims, it has worked great so far. I pick them up at big box stores in a decent size pack. I was looking to see if others already thought of it and use them.

Lexi65
02-10-2014, 02:44 PM
Hey Dave,
It's those scrubbing pads you use on the new style glass cooktop stoves. I was disgusted one day after a job because I knew I could do a better job on the customer's wheels. They were happy but I wasn't, then I thought about when I scrub our glass top stove and if it won't scratch that surface, I may be able to use it with cleaner on most rims, it has worked great so far. I pick them up at big box stores in a decent size pack. I was looking to see if others already thought of it and use them.

Are they yellow or another color? Feed back please. :buffing:

aim4squirrels
02-10-2014, 03:37 PM
Sounds like cerama bryte pads.

The pads and polish are for ceramic glass cook tops.

tuscarora dave
02-10-2014, 04:35 PM
Never tried them but I'm curious to try anything that works quicker and better. I have a process that's working well now for caked on brake dust but am still curious.

I do know that the glass Cook top heavy duty cleaner polish makes short work of heavy oxidation on gel coat bus roof caps. I test everything I think of and get stuff done way faster because of all the testing.

Dave Medvic
02-11-2014, 07:20 AM
Are they yellow or another color? Feed back please. :buffing:
They are the Yellow pads.

FUNX650
02-11-2014, 01:51 PM
I thought about when I scrub our glass top stove and if it won't scratch that surface, I may be able to use it with cleaner on most rims, it has worked great so far.
My concern using this type of product is determining if the glass/glass-finishes that are on glass-top-stoves is "harder" (and thicker), than the varied finishes that are on vehicles' wheels.

Real glad you've had success using them.

Bob