PDA

View Full Version : Pre-detail help sought

jburreson
07-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Okay, my UDM and the last little bit of my supplies will be here next Tuesday and I need a little advise from you veterans.

1) I am going to practice on my relatives cars before I work my way up to my car, a 2007 Lexus IS, black. Paint has some very minor swirling. I have the following polishes and LSP's. XMT360, SSR 1-2.5, Menz 106ff, WG DGPS, Souveran paste, NB, NR, MaxWax, CK carnuba moose, and RMG. I like the look of the DGPS topped with the Souveran, but the Souveran topped with the RMG looks good as well. What should I do, and do you guys have any other recommendations.

2) With the UDM, what speeds should I use considering it's more powerful than the PC? I have never used a machine like this before so this will be my first time using it. Any rules of thumb in regards to what speed for what type of product. I will use CCS pads.

3) What order should I use my products? It's wash, clay, polish, protect, correct?

Thanks in advance. AG has gotten about $900 of my money over the past 4-5 weeks. This stuff is addicting and I haven't even started yet! I hope to get good enough and comfortable enough to do some side work.

Thejoyofdriving
07-07-2007, 01:06 AM
your order is correct. Depending on what you want to do(remove or hide swirls) you can etither: use RMG to fill in the swirls or you can use some of your polishes to take them out completely(which one do you want to do?).If you are going to polish them out(depending on how bad they are) sometimes you can get away with just 106ff, but you might have to use SSR 2 or 1 followed by 106ff. you also have the option of just using xmt 360 for a one step polish and protect, it is alot easier, but it might not get the job done(i have never used it)its up to you. if you are going to hide the swirls, i would use RMG and top it with souveran. speed 4-6 for polishing 1-3 for waxing.