PDA

View Full Version : Topper for Klasse Twins...

Lexi65
02-08-2014, 11:54 PM
Want to have my professional detailer put another layer on
top of his original application of KSG. Black Obsidian Lexus paint... Would you suggest a second layer of the KSG or???
Looking for a wet look!
Feed back please. :buffing:

FUNX650
02-09-2014, 12:00 AM
Probably more Klasse HGSG...
But what does your detailer think should go on top?

Gotta ask:
What's wrong with what's already on the vehicle?

Bob

The Guz
02-09-2014, 12:46 AM
Another coat or two of KSG would be good to get you that look.

Lexi65
02-09-2014, 02:03 PM
Another coat or two of KSG would be good to get you that look.

Can you put a different sealant over the KSG? Just wondering!

Lexi65
02-09-2014, 04:00 PM

Bump

FUNX650
02-09-2014, 04:37 PM
I'm going to paraphrase a Mike Phillips "How To" Article...

NOTE:
My paraphrasing in parentheses;
KHGSG = Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Topping (an LSP) aka "How to top one type of (LSP) with a different (LSP)

"There is always a lot of talk about topping (an LSP) with other products, because this is a popular topic,
I thought I would offer this simple suggestion".

"If you think you would like to apply a topper over (an LSP), before you apply your choice of a topper over the entire finish, first do a
side-by-side comparison and inspect your results carefully to insure that the test area does in fact look better than (the original LSP: KHGSG)...
by itself...before applying your choice of topper to the entire finish. If you apply your choice of a topper to the entire car
without comparing, you will never know if it improved or diminished the results created by the (original LSP: KHGSG) alone.

Here's how to do a test spot,

First:
Wait until you have two thin, uniform applications of (KHGSG) over the entire finish.
Two thin applications always look better than one application.

Second:
"Find a nice flat panel like the hood or deck lid so that you can look down on the finish while standing over it.
Apply your choice of a topper to a square section about one foot square being careful to do so in a way as to have
a very distinct section with only the topper in this section. Allow the topper to dry according to the instruction and
then remove with a microfiber polishing cloth or a clean, soft 100% cotton terry cloth towel. To be fair, you should
apply a second coat in this same section to insure a uniform application.

Again, apply and remove according to the product's directions".

Third:
"After you applied and removed your choice of a topper carefully, inspect the two areas under different lighting conditions.
Different lighting conditions will allow your eyes to see the different dimensions of your finish, such as richness, gloss, shine
and clearness or clarity. View the two areas from different angles, from directly overhead, and with a light source centered
in the area, like the sun. You may also want to have some friends compare the two areas also, a second set of fresh eyes
may see something you miss, especially after you've been working on the finish and staring at the paint for hours.

Fourth:
If after doing this side-by-side comparison test in one small area, your eyes will tell you
whether or not you want to continue with applying the topper to the entire finish.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________

Hope this helps...

Bob

ScottB
02-09-2014, 04:46 PM
Sonus Acrylic Spray .... perfect topper !!

The Guz
02-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Sonus Acrylic Spray .... perfect topper !!

I agree. The acrylic spritz and the glanz are both good. to have. I use both to maintain the KSG on my daily.

FUNX650
02-09-2014, 09:11 PM
I agree. The acrylic spritz and the glanz are both good. to have. I use both to maintain the KSG on my daily.
Same as a couple of DIY-mixtures of K-HGSG and Meguiar's Quik Detailer...IMHO.

I suppose they could count as a "Toppers".

Bob

Desertnate
02-10-2014, 09:47 AM
Sonus Glanz is a great quick topper as it's supposedly formulated from the same stuff SG is made.

I think the topper depends on what you want to achieve. If you live in a mild climate and are going for looks, there are lots of different ways you can go with all manner of different waxes. If you're after protection from the elements, I'd say another layer SG and it will still look great.