PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some 5.5" pads

Pages : [1] 2

HateSwirls
02-08-2014, 09:40 PM
OK so I looked for some really good pads to my rotary, size 5.5".
I want them flat, for cutting , polishing and finishing.

Any advice on which brand to go with?
AG offers so may pads, man hard to pick some out.
What I'm really looking for is a pad that accepts the backing plate that would go inside of the pad some, example one with a rubber ring around the pad , the ring isn't really needed just used it as an example.

Feed back please

HateSwirls
02-08-2014, 10:44 PM
Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Pads 6 Pack, foam pad kit, build a kit, buffing pads, curved edge pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-beveled-pad-kit.html)

These I've had my eyes on for a couple of months.
Any of you use them ?, if so what are you thoughts on them?

AutowerxDetailing
02-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Lake Country 5 1/2 x 7/8 inch Beveled Edge Pads 6 Pack, foam pad kit, build a kit, buffing pads, curved edge pads (http://www.autogeek.net/lake-country-beveled-pad-kit.html)

These I've had my eyes on for a couple of months.
Any of you use them ?, if so what are you thoughts on them?

Very good pads. They work great with my rotary and DA tools. The ONLY drawback to the pad design is the beveled edge which makes it difficult to get right up next to trim/edges. On the same note the beveled edge makes them incredibly smooth on the rotary.

HateSwirls
02-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Very good pads. They work great with my rotary and DA tools. The ONLY drawback to the pad design is the beveled edge which makes it difficult to get right up next to trim/edges. On the same note the beveled edge makes them incredibly smooth on the rotary.

Thanks man:dblthumb2:

I thought the same, easy use on a rotary.
Getting close to a tight edge I can live with.

Thinking about getting three of the tangerine and three of the white ones.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-09-2014, 03:06 AM
The hydro techs work really well with the rotary as well. If using the thinner DA pad, pick up the white Flex BP.

AutowerxDetailing
02-09-2014, 03:14 AM
I have a bunch of orange, white, and black. The white and black get the most usage now since I've switched a lot of my primary compounding to MF pads.

Hazcat
02-09-2014, 04:44 AM
I like the white flex backing plate on the rotary as well. Mike seems to use the Meguiars soft buff pads on the rotary when I read his write ups but they seem to jump from 7 inch down to 4 inch.

HateSwirls
02-09-2014, 09:06 AM
I like the white flex backing plate on the rotary as well. Mike seems to use the Meguiars soft buff pads on the rotary when I read his write ups but they seem to jump from 7 inch down to 4 inch.

That's the problem I'm having in picking out anew set of pads.
Not much in between.

I see a ton of 6.5 inch pads.
For the most part I've only used a double sided wool pad with my rotary, as of late I tried the hex logic pads but don't care for them when using it with a rotary.
I think the flat pads would suit me well.

Thanks for helping:dblthumb2:

HateSwirls
02-09-2014, 09:12 AM
The hydro techs work really well with the rotary as well. If using the thinner DA pad, pick up the white Flex BP.

So they sell a 5 inch Flex Backing Plate here for the rotary?
I read up on the hydro tech pads, they seem that do a good job.
I'd like to make up my mind today and order them, I need six of them.
3 orange and 3 white pads.

UglyBetty
02-09-2014, 09:25 AM
So they sell a 5 inch Flex Backing Plate here for the rotary?
I read up on the hydro tech pads, they seem that do a good job.
I'd like to make up my mind today and order them, I need six of them.
3 orange and 3 white pads.

This is the one I use on a PE-14.

http://www.autogeek.net/hd-rotary-backing-plate.html

HateSwirls
02-09-2014, 10:05 AM
This is the one I use on a PE-14.

Flex-Foam HD Rotary Backing Plate, circular polisher backing plate, backing pad (http://www.autogeek.net/hd-rotary-backing-plate.html)

That's the exact same one I'm using now, I find it to work very well, has a lot of flex to it, works extreamly well on curved panels.
How do you like yours?

HateSwirls
02-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Ordered these.

Two orange
Two white
Two black

If I like them I'll buy two more sets:dblthumb2:

The black pads will be used with the Optimum Finish Polish on my black RAV, should have the polish tomorrow :dblthumb2:
Paint is soft and is always in great condition so this should work well for me to maintain the shine on the RAV when polishing is needed.

I'm now anxious to try the combo out:)

Wes Bremec
02-09-2014, 11:38 AM
I would recommend the lake country high gloss ccs pad line.

HateSwirls
02-09-2014, 12:43 PM
I would recommend the lake country high gloss ccs pad line.

CCS for a rotary?

WRAPT C5Z06
02-09-2014, 12:43 PM
Hydro-tech pads are the best foam pads I've ever used.