PDA

View Full Version : ArmorAll Extreme tire shine

Pages : [1] 2

pld
02-08-2014, 09:40 AM
What are your thoughts? I ran out of Perl and I can get this stuff otc on sale.

HateSwirls
02-08-2014, 09:50 AM
What are your thoughts? I ran out of Perl and I can get this stuff otc on sale.

If your into very shiny tires than you may like the EXTREAM Tire Shine.
Easy to use but it doesn't last very long, I used it once, I let it sit for a bit and wiped the tires well with a micro fiber tower because I was worried it would sling all over.
The tires still had a good shine even after wiping most of it off.

The shine was insane.
Just don't expect to be as happy with it as using the Perl.
If will get the job done though until you get more Perl:dblthumb2:

GenesisCoupe
02-08-2014, 10:03 AM
I think i still have half a bottle left from like 2008. I doubt i'll ever use again.. :/

pld
02-08-2014, 10:05 AM
I think i still have half a bottle left from like 2008. I doubt i'll ever use again.. :/
They supposedly changed their formula since 2008

hbrett29
02-08-2014, 10:09 AM
If you don't have any Perl left and needed something for now, it's cheap enough I'd give it a try. If not use it in the wheel wells lol

ScottB
02-08-2014, 12:14 PM
I use it in wheel wells to keep them black and shiny !

Just02896
02-08-2014, 12:22 PM
How dare we say the "A" word! Lol!

FUNX650
02-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Since wheel wells take quite a beating---yet it's been often said that ArmorAll can keep them black and shiny...
Why would it be so disparaged, and face banishment as a tire dressing?

Bob

HateSwirls
02-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Since wheel wells take quite a beating---yet it's been often said that ArmorAll can keep them black and shiny...
Why would it be so disparaged, and face banishment as a tire dressing?

Bob

IMO most people wants a tire dressing that last the longest , may be the main reason people turn their backs on Armor All.
For me I love that just dressed tire look, the D160 fits me perfect.
I get the look I'm after but have to dress each time to keep that look.
No big deal for me being I don't mine it and the price for the D160 isn't bad and you can cut it 4:1

I'm sure Armor All is still the top selling tire dressing on the market.

WAXOFF
02-08-2014, 03:24 PM
That's the only Armour All product I use. I use it on my Compass because it doesn't fling off the tires and get on the side of my car where the fenders bulge out. I use the can with the trigger pull sprayer.It's cheap and effective for what I want it to do and I like shiny tires.

FUNX650
02-08-2014, 03:30 PM
IMO most people wants a tire dressing that last the longest , may be the main reason people turn their backs on Armor All.
For me I love that just dressed tire look, the D160 fits me perfect.
I get the look I'm after but have to dress each time to keep that look.
No big deal for me being I don't mine it and the price for the D160 isn't bad and you can cut it 4:1

I'm sure Armor All is still the top selling tire dressing on the market.
Don't hear anyone saying it doesn't last for a long time on the wheel wells that get pounded by more contaminates, including liquids of all types, than a tire sidewall ever encounters.

Meguiar's D160---from what you are saying---doesn't last long.
I'll go as far as to say that most "water-based dressings" won't.
Water in oil; or oil in water emulsions: Does it matter?

Bob

HateSwirls
02-08-2014, 04:00 PM
Don't hear anyone saying it doesn't last for a long time on the wheel wells that get pounded by more contaminates, including liquids of all types, than a tire sidewall ever encounters.

Meguiar's D160---from what you are saying---doesn't last long.
I'll go as far as to say that most "water-based dressings" won't.
Water in oil; or oil in water emulsions: Does it matter?

Bob

The only thing that should matter to all of us is if "we" are happy with the products we buy and use.

Most here knows I love my 205, if someone was to say it didn't work than I'd say well may not work for them but works wonders for me:dblthumb2:
My brother only uses Armor All, I tried to get him to give the D170 a try.
He said what's the point, " I wouldn't stop buying the Armor All"
Fine with me:)

I guess what I'm trying to say is if the Armor All works for someone then let them, it's not my place to convince them otherwise.

pld
02-08-2014, 04:25 PM
To heck with the AA, wheel wells it is; I just ordered some Optimum tire Gel and for curiousity, I'm going to try some Duragloss Tire and Mat dressing as well, Thank's for the good info.

FUNX650
02-08-2014, 05:00 PM
I guess what I'm trying to say is if the Armor All works for someone then let them, it's not my place to convince them otherwise.
If that's really the case, then why the previous deprecative statements regarding any, or all, ArmorAll products?

JMIM

Bob

AllenK
02-08-2014, 07:18 PM
To heck with the AA, wheel wells it is; I just ordered some Optimum tire Gel and for curiousity, I'm going to try some Duragloss Tire and Mat dressing as well, Thank's for the good info.

The AA is a nice product for an OTC. You will love the Optimum and the Duragloss though. They both leave a rich and black finish that lasts a pretty decent amount of time.