PDA

View Full Version : HHR Panel for Mobile Detailing unit?

mrclean
02-07-2014, 05:09 PM
hello guys, ive been detailing on the side and using my regular car (04 honda accord) for a while and its been good. with my income tax return soon approaching i want to take it up a notch and get me a mobile unit. first, i wanted a ford transit.. seems very cheap on gas, and very roomy.. the only thing is that its pricey $10k and up..my starting up budget cant cover that. the other option i had thought about was a van. seems what everyone goes for, but im afraid of the gas mileage i can get. even with a v6 econoline. that lead me to my last choice. the hhr panel. i researched it, and it has good reviews, great on mpg..combine it gives you 30mpg :props: my only concern is the space. so i got on craiglist and checked a couple of used ones that are on sale..and i schedule to see one today. i just came back from looking at it.. and im pretty sold on it. i took a measuring tape. and these are the dimension on the cargo area. roughly its 5'-5'' long by 4'-0' wide and 2'-9'' in height. i definetly see myself putting a 50 gallon water tank, generator, vacuum, reel hose, and make a small cabinet to hold the chemicals and towels. i found one for $4400, only down side is that its a rebuilt title..the owner showed me the pics of how it looked before..and it was a rear bumper damage, the main carriage frame didnt get hit or anything. i got down there and looked, he also agreed on going with me to the chevy dealer to do a diagnostic check on the car.. and it checked out ok. here are some pics of the vehicle im tempted on getting.

it's a 2008, has about 59k miles on it. test drove it and it runs great. my question is to you guys that own mobile units... will this be a good buy for a mobile business? hope to hear from you guys.Feed back please

STPETEDALE
02-08-2014, 09:57 AM
I will say don't let the rebuilt title scare you especially if he has before and after pics.No flood vehicles though.Insurance companies total perfectly repairable vehicles.These vehicles are then shipped to other countries with cheaper labor and repaired. I would not overlook a gutted minivan. You get that extra door alot of similar vehicles don't offer.Small pickup with a ARE DCU topper or tonneau cover. To bad vehicle prices go way up during tax season.

WillWashesCars
02-08-2014, 12:30 PM
Good cars, good mileage, but they are small. If you have a good system down with small and compact tools, you will be fine. But remember that once you are out of room, you are out of lucky. Unless you get a trailer, that is.

Airforce1
02-08-2014, 07:06 PM
i thought about the same vehicle!!!!!! they are perfect! I want one so bad but still deciding weather to just get a bedslide and cover for my tundra or pull the trigger on one of these!

Airforce1
02-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Chevy HHR Rear Slide-Out Platform Model SLDHHR (http://www.inlad.com/chevyhhrrearslideoutplatform.aspx?DepartmentId=503 ) if i do pick one up i plan to put in a cargo slide !