PDA

View Full Version : Aloha From Kauai

DapperD
02-07-2014, 03:02 PM
Hello Autogeeks! Finally figured out how to post on here. My name is Dusty Psaila, I am 18 years old and have lived on the island of Kauai my whole life. I started washing and vacuuming my parents and friends cars when I was 11 or 12 and when I turned 16 decided to go further with my business. I got a business name, GE license, and business cards and almost all of my work is word of mouth or referral. I do on average between 2 and 5 cars per week (which I would like to increase). I do minor paint correcting and interior extracting and reconditioning. Cars here get really dirty from all of the dirt driveways, rainy days, and red dirt that surrounds the whole island. We definitely have a problem with mold and in 10% of cars I clean involves killing mold. I have learned a lot from auto geek and a fellow detailer here on Kauai. I have had so far a 100% satisfaction rating with my business. I have a love for car detailing and making customers fall in love with their car again. I am not insured yet but looking into it. I am looking forward to this forum and everything it will teach me as I believe you should never stop learning about your line of work, you can always better your skill in some way or another. If you guys ever have any questions about detailing in Hawaii let me know!
Dusty Psaila
Dapper D Auto Care

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-07-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi Dusty welcome to AGO. Glad to have you.

Chris@AutoCleanse
02-07-2014, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the GEEK.

Mike Phillips
02-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Welcome to AutogeekOnline...

Welcome to the AutogeekOnline discussion forum...

Here's a tip....

When typing on a "forum", break huge chunks of text into smaller paragraphs and even single sentences. This makes it a LOT easier for people to read and your goal is to get people to read your text so you get replies.

I'm no expert on reading and writing but I know it's hard for the human eye to track between sentences when there's no white space to break up large chunks of text a little bit.

Just a tip for your future posts...

Here's what the above could look like broken up...

Hello Autogeeks!

Finally figured out how to post on here.

My name is Dusty Psaila, I am 18 years old and have lived on the island of Kauai my whole life. I started washing and vacuuming my parents and friends cars when I was 11 or 12 and when I turned 16 decided to go further with my business.

I got a business name, GE license, and business cards and almost all of my work is word of mouth or referral.

I do on average between 2 and 5 cars per week (which I would like to increase). I do minor paint correcting and interior extracting and reconditioning. Cars here get really dirty from all of the dirt driveways, rainy days, and red dirt that surrounds the whole island.

We definitely have a problem with mold and in 10% of cars I clean involves killing mold. I have learned a lot from auto geek and a fellow detailer here on Kauai.

I have had so far a 100% satisfaction rating with my business. I have a love for car detailing and making customers fall in love with their car again.

I am not insured yet but looking into it. I am looking forward to this forum and everything it will teach me as I believe you should never stop learning about your line of work, you can always better your skill in some way or another.

If you guys ever have any questions about detailing in Hawaii let me know!

Dusty Psaila
Dapper D Auto Care

:welcome:

DylansDetailing
02-07-2014, 04:03 PM
Welcome Dusty! I'm from Oahu and about to turn 17 this month. It would be cool to see all the other Hawaii detailers also

Pats300zx
02-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Welcome to AGO !!!

02-07-2014, 05:53 PM
Welcome to AGO Dusty! Be going to Kauai for honeymoon trip!

Evan.J
02-08-2014, 05:59 PM
Welcome to the forum Dusty!